SOA '15

There is a pic on Instagram of Spirits guard that is not flattering. My read is "kiss our ###" to the critics. Maybe that is not the message, but that pose is in bad taste and nothing offends me!

Apparently you've never seen someone do the splits? Teens (people around my age) do silly #### and most of the time it's innocent and not sexualized at all. You're reading way too much into the picture in question. The caption doesn't even suggest anything malicious either.

• Like 2

Apparently you've never seen someone do the splits? Teens (people around my age) do silly #### and most of the time it's innocent and not sexualized at all. You're reading way too much into the picture in question. The caption doesn't even suggest anything malicious either.

I wasn't even sure which picture was being referred to.

I wasn't even sure which picture was being referred to.

Yeah it took me a while to figure out which one it was because I couldn't find anything offensive in any of the pictures.

Anyone know what's up with the plea for funding that an SoA alum has posted on the DCP Facebook wall? If it's legit, it seems out of line for an alum to be going public with something like that; I would expect the president or board chairperson to do that. If it's meant to be a spoof, it's a terribly unfortunate one.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 2

Yeah, that is news to me, and news that should come from the highest position within the organization, not just an alum. If I were a parent of a member and heard the news this way I'd be concerned and pretty angry. Hoping it isn't true!

• Like 1

Are you talking about the Carol Lively post from July 6th? Looks like that was a post on her personal page asking her friends to donate and because she tagged SOA in the post it appeared on their timeline too.

This is the Facebook post in question:

HI everyone. I am a former member of the Spirit of Atlanta, this year the Corps is experiencing a deficit in funding that may force these members to cut their season short and come home. That would be very unfortunate as we all know. They have worked very hard as all Corps members know from experience and I feel this would be a shame. If you can, and are willing to help, please donate to help with the needed expenses to help them complete their season and have the experience of a lifetime. Thank You.

This was posted to the DCP Facebook group 1 hr ago.

Edited by TheTrumpetMan13

Yeah, that is news to me, and news that should come from the highest position within the organization, not just an alum. If I were a parent of a member and heard the news this way I'd be concerned and pretty angry. Hoping it isn't true!

With other decisions the administration has made the past two seasons, I hate to say that how this is being handeled is no surprise to me. I cannot for the life of me imagine anyone thinking this is at all professional or appropriate. How about the members? WTF, they must be thinking, despite what they were told once this got out.

• Like 1

What's scarier is that it is linked right to there page so it's not a random person receiving the money like gofundme. This could be why they have dropped because they couldn't afford that staff that was doing well and had to make decisions to cut costs. Some people said it before that what happened at glassmen is happening there. As a glassmen alumni hope spirit alums don't go through the same thing.

Oh sorry I thought you were talking about the SOA Facebook page not DCP. How odd is that?