Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

So you feel that since their Constantly Risking Aburdity show they have been...

Absurdly Risking Constancy.

Best quote of the thread.

The highlight of my drum corps year is skevinp weaving all the show titles into a signature line...genius!

Best quote of the thread.

The highlight of my drum corps year is skevinp weaving all the show titles into a signature line...genius!

I agree :laugh:

Eh, there are digs at every corps about their show announcements every year. Who cares, we'll see the actual product soon enough.

Edited by cajal

When I marched, the staff always told us "consistency is key..."

...so I don't see how it's a bad thing as long as the consistency is good. If it 'aint broke, don't fix it.

• Like 4

When I marched, the staff always told us "consistency is key..."

...so I don't see how it's a bad thing as long as the consistency is good. If it 'aint broke, don't fix it.

The opposite of consistency is not inconsistency, but incontinence. And that, most assuredly, is something in need of fixing. :silly:

The opposite of consistency is not inconsistency, but incontinence. And that, most assuredly, is something in need of fixing. :silly:

Yes. You don't want to be penalized for leaving a "residue" on the field. :-P

Just circling waiting for the accusations to begin about deflated bass drums, illegal mouth pieces, auto tuning, doping (or at least weeding) and amplified assist everything in the wake of their historic score last year..... and around here, BD needs to avoid "weddings". :-)

Hmmm...maybe since trombones are now legal, BD will come out with these... :tounge2:

192px-Tromboon.jpg

• Like 1

This is the most exciting musical lineup I've seen from BD in many years. As a huge Stephen Sondheim fan and huge non-BD fan I can't wait to see what they do with this. Maybe this year I can root for them??? !!!

BD shows are weird. That's the formula. It started in 2008 and they've been successful so it continues. Not sure HOW they will present INK but I cannot call BD innovative anymore if they

take a weird approach to it. Everyone shouts innovation and different with BD but honestly, the approach is 7 years old. BLuecoats were innovative last year, BD was just doing what they've been doing. Successful, amazing yes, innovative, not as much.

Edited by Tobias