Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

Be patient Grasshopper.

#### patient

:tounge2:

Actually T, they've always backed it up on the field. Like it? Understand it? Connect to it? Able to "approach it" (I particularly hate that one)? .......Those are all done in the stands. What happens on the field is 100% commitment to the design and performance......and yeah, you can say that about every corps. But, the difference in BD starting 08 is that they're not afraid to push the envelope and rattle tradition's cage a bit for the sake of the art form. As far as the announcement is concerned.....go big or go home! Welcome to the dark side! :cool: Wear them proudly!

so glad to see the unofficial voice of BD is back.

• Like 1

Just circling waiting for the accusations to begin about deflated bass drums, illegal mouth pieces, auto tuning, doping (or at least weeding) and amplified assist everything in the wake of their historic score last year..... and around here, BD needs to avoid "weddings". :-)

accusations of weeding stopped?

:ninja:

Just circling waiting for the accusations to begin about deflated bass drums, illegal mouth pieces, auto tuning, doping (or at least weeding) and amplified assist everything in the wake of their historic score last year..... and around here, BD needs to avoid "weddings". :-)

Found this. Now I'll have to find video of some marching percussion versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyf5SvK-BJA

their prelims performance is still to this day one of my top 5 DCA memories

Mine Too ! Can't wait to hear how BD treats the Sweeney Todd piece.

yeah but you also did Andy Narrell

A Thuston classic. A lot of fun to play - I got to play one of the steel drums.

I found this on one of the MMs Facebook page. They're forming a tree, according to the caption....I'm intrigued to see what else this show has to offer.

10563174_959034437461044_687705078574135

• Like 2

I found this on one of the MMs Facebook page. They're forming a tree, according to the caption....I'm intrigued to see what else this show has to offer.

10563174_959034437461044_687705078574135

Well actually they are still experimenting with ideas which is partly why they usually take so long to announce. The only thing I know so far is there is going to be big books on the field and they turn the pages.. A month ago I saw stuff drill wise that was interesting but they were just trying ideas and none of it is being used I think. Being so close now I understand why they do the things they do.

Jack Meehan went to the last camp to scope out the 2015 Devs...that's a massive compliment in itself. it is when the Godfathers crawl out of the woodwork that you know a corps has got some pre-season synergy and momentum. I wonder if the kids know what a massive honor it that Jack was there...Oh wait...I'm sure John indoctrinated any n00bs who didn't know his father practically built the West Coast Horns scene single-handedly. Had Zig design Bugles that resolved all pitch problem, invented all our common warmups and classics like F Tuning, even the marks on the horn, check the wind, temperature and barometer, then assign each section to pull out or push in X number of marks. Peimitive, but it works.

Last weekend I was at this "blues festival" where bands that aren't blues bands by any stretch of definition phoned in performance after weaksauce performance. All but Los Lobos...they rocked out. It made me sad cuz BB King had played live on this stage 3x ...I'd seen him every time.

King NEVER phoned in a live show. Members of BD and SCV know there will be hell to pay if they ever insult the fans with a half-2$$ed phone-in.

As some no name band struggled through "All right now," 12 bar Bb blues, down tempo, no swing, flat w/ a rotten ensemble sound to even the most pedestrian music fan.... I remember wishing I was at Mars, chillin' with Jack and checkin out the 2015 program.

Would've been incalculably more fun.

Can't wait to hear Concord throw down this summer. Bring back the ball$-out solos with double-C's and all that Jazz, please!

Concord's showmanship was on fire last July when I saw them live... Hopefully there weren't too many age-outs. I'd like to see BD kick it up into a higher gear. I know they can do it.

I trust they will. Jack was there, what else do I need to know? Looking forward to more granite to reinforce the West Coast Drum Corps Legacy.

With out Sr. circuit on life support, Jr's struggling and div2/3 the worst kind of uphill battle (exception: Cadets Corps and BDB) - it's the continued growth and life of these two corps that keeps our shared history alive - and I sleep easy knowing that these Corps ARE HERE, WERE HERE and ain't goin NOWHERE!

No matter what happened to drum corps as a whole out here. I'm confident Santa Clara and Concord are immortal...etched in reinforced steel and concrete. They'll fold when the sun rises in West and sets in the East. Terminal Drum Corps.

House Royer and House Seawright. Tradition, honor, talent, hard work, sacrifice and a commitment to World Class showmanship. The numbers, medals and rings are merely by-products, thoug they hard-fought and won consistently. But no placement can compare the consistency of class, tradition, glorious visuals blood-boiling, barn-burner shows; designed to get you on your feet, out of your head and into the show. I'll take a five standing O's over a victory concert any day. Ask 95 Madison, 93 Star, 92 VK or 92 SCV. I miss the shows designed for applause, not numbers. If anyone can bring it back old-school; it's the BD/SCV West Coast tradition. I hope all corps (even just one) bust out an old-timey crowd-pleaser.

After all, fans ultimately fund it all. Numbers are just that - ink on paper, v/o on tape. A packed stadium of hardcore fans losing their minds and cheering themselves hoarse is crucial to all aspects of the activity. They're the ones who hit the souvie booth, buy more tickets, make pilgrimages to DCI and donate to corps of their choice.

If BD is building a show around this old-timey concept; I will be infinitely grateful. 2014 was bad a--, but still many parts of the show seemed overly abstract; presumably to please the Green Shirts.

Right on Devst. It's those 80s and 90s tapes that brings the best horns and battery in the world to show up in The Bay Area to fight it out for spots...in a state where most people will look at you like a space alien if you mention "Drum Corps." "huh?" "what's that?" *sigh*

Bummer there are only two left...but it's a helluva two. It makes up for all the heavy losses we've had - keeps hope alive for the whole scene. If these corps outlive me I'll die a happy man.

Do it up Devs!

Actually T, they've always backed it up on the field. Like it? Understand it? Connect to it? Able to "approach it" (I particularly hate that one)? .......Those are all done in the stands. What happens on the field is 100% commitment to the design and performance......and yeah, you can say that about every corps. But, the difference in BD starting 08 is that they're not afraid to push the envelope and rattle tradition's cage a bit for the sake of the art form. As far as the announcement is concerned.....go big or go home! Welcome to the dark side! :cool: Wear them proudly!

While I agree with the bold statement above about BD...You could say that about a few other corps as well...I don't think BD is the ONLY cage rattler IMO.