Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

I can cook waffles in my toaster oven.

The trumpets are the best this year without a doubt! The part in the show where the guard is tossing rifles from atop the stanchions and then catching them being tossed back up, the trumpets are playing some serious licks. I had a chance to hear that part isolated at the Stanford show and it was clean as a whistle.

Yes that is my favorite part also. I don't know if I would call the ladders or high chairs stanchions though. lol Like you would use in a bank to cordon off the line or to keep cattle in place?

I have to say, the K-Pop section is my favorite part of the BD show. It's just... unexpected, and weird and funky ... all at the same time!

I watched it online and I said to myself, "What .. in the hell... is going on here?"" In a GOOD way.

Welcome East, BD! Have a great tour and looking forward to you and BAC at Tanglewood. Cheers.

I still can't get over how "Cadet-y" the closer is. If I had my eyes closed I'd swear it was Cadets doing it. The little chorale kinda thing right before the last push. The mello runs to setup the last chord. I'm half waiting for them to rewrite the closer to make the last set a full company front.

Edited by mboogey73
  • Like 1

I have to say, the K-Pop section is my favorite part of the BD show. It's just... unexpected, and weird and funky ... all at the same time!

I watched it online and I said to myself, "What .. in the hell... is going on here?"" In a GOOD way.

Or, it's the absolute worst part of the show and doesn't go with anything else. It's like someone said, "Hey! Let's do K-Pop!" And someone else said, "Ok, sure!" without thinking about how much it was going to suck (at least in a DCI show).

I literally sat there in the stands with a WTF?!?! expression on my face. I was seriously confused. And I think K-Pop is cool. This was the worst thing I've seen on a football field for a drum corps show since the 2007 Cadets narration that was worse than Box 1.

It's a good thing SCV played after them so I could at least feel like I paid money for something worthwhile.

On the plus side, watching BD, SCV and BK warm up in the lot was the best part about the night (in Pasadena on the 27th).

Edited by atlvalet
  • Like 1