Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

I enjoy the show this year, but don't love it. I have enjoyed almost every Blue Devils show over the years, but I don't feel like this show design is as good as most other years have been. I have only seen the one live feed so far, along with several videos on youtube that seemed to have been pulled pretty quickly. With the show the way it is, I would have them in 3rd or 4th place come finals week. However, it is Blue Devils, and they have a way of pulling it together before finals week. I look forward to seeing many changes in the show design, and I know their performance level will be through the roof as always.

I enjoy the show this year, but don't love it. I have enjoyed almost every Blue Devils show over the years, but I don't feel like this show design is as good as most other years have been. I have only seen the one live feed so far, along with several videos on youtube that seemed to have been pulled pretty quickly. With the show the way it is, I would have them in 3rd or 4th place come finals week. However, it is Blue Devils, and they have a way of pulling it together before finals week. I look forward to seeing many changes in the show design, and I know their performance level will be through the roof as always.

I was nervous they could be looking at a bronze this year when i saw the show online.............then i saw it live at the Rose Bowl Saturday night. Online does this show no justice. If possible you need to see it live.

This is an aside from everything, but does anyone have any idea how in he world BD is getting their equipment and trucks over to the East Coast in time to do their next show?? Seems like quite the ordeal!

Driving, probably. :)

Seriously, if you use two drivers per vehicle, this is about a two and a half day drive (fuel stops only...okay, maybe a few bathroom stops, too). My guess is that they pulled in a few extra drivers who will fly home once they reach the East Coast. Assuming they left right after the show on Sunday night, they should arrive by Wednesday morning.

Actually the K-pop section really does tie into the story of Into the Woods.

I saw the play version and the Wolf was dancing quite provocatively around Red Riding Hood saying I like you. That is what the sample voice is saying in Korean. I am finding things about this show all the time that make me go oh ok I get it.

SCV is doing a lot of stuff too that is interesting like their Jacobs Ladder drill. Cadets doing the wood/metallic contrast with their pit.

I think if you care to dig deep there are lots of great things you can find in this activity.

OK, now that is cool! "I like you", in Korean! A lot like the little "Easter eggs" programmers sometimes hide away in software. If you are not aware it's there it still doesn't hamper your ability to use the program, but if you are aware you get a little smile every time it pops up! ( for fun, ask Siri on your iPhone to "Beam me up, Scotty".) Thanks for sharing that Flammaster; it's going to make me smile every time I hear that in the future.
  • Like 1

I didn't realize it until the other day. I have not seen the whole movie but I watched the whole play. it is on youtube. the way that wolf dances around her is pretty risqué.

My toaster oven ties into BD's show better than K-Whatever does...

You have a pretty awesome toaster oven then.

Actually the K-pop section really does tie into the story of Into the Woods.

I saw the play version and the Wolf was dancing quite provocatively around Red Riding Hood saying I like you. That is what the sample voice is saying in Korean. I am finding things about this show all the time that make me go oh ok I get it.

SCV is doing a lot of stuff too that is interesting like their Jacobs Ladder drill. Cadets doing the wood/metallic contrast with their pit.

I think if you care to dig deep there are lots of great things you can find in this activity.

My toaster oven ties into BD's show better than K-Whatever does...

Can you read?