Fan Network 2015

Just coming off of detached retina surgery so it took me quite a bit longer to read this thread, but I did read all of it and I sympathize with many of you.

Having subscribed to the Fan Network on the world wide interweb for so many years, I too am disappointed with the news of its demise. It was routine practice for me to have a couple folks into my room to watch shows from previous years. For example, some nights we would have a "Regiment Night" where we would go way back and watch only Phantom Regiment shows. We would drink a little gin and even throw toilet paper at the screen.

Also, the Video On Demand is important to me because my bedtime is much earlier because of my age and it's just too hard to stay awake.

This might be the first year I don't pay for a video service from DCI.

Sigh.

I hope your surgery went well!

Your drum corps viewing nights sound fun!

I never got a survey, and I've been a subscriber since the beginning. Really DCI never sends me anything...

They certainly are taking me for granted. I won't be renewing if there is no DVR AND no Historical stuff. Plus, I liked Brighthouse.

I also never got a survey despite having been a subscriber from the first day they started all the way up to the previous year. I wonder if anyone actually got one lol

• Like 1

Just signed up!

YES, 2015 'at-home' DCI sounds like a real bummer, compared to last year. These are radical changes in response to problems DCI is unable to solve as quickly as we would like. Seems as though this season came up too fast to sift through all of this in time. I have faith 2016 will be better.

In the meantime, what I am getting for my purchase is adequate for now. Living on the East Coast, I expect to view 7-8 events from home. In my situation, that's still worth the cost. Nevertheless, DCI is in a bad place right now. I'll continue to participate to help soften the blow it has taken. Please help as best you can.

Good job bending over and supporting getting screwed and making it harder for the rest of us to fight the stupidity.

It sound like DVR might be distinguishable from what they meant by "on demand" when they said it would not be available, and that it might still be a possibility but they haven't worked it out yet.

I wonder if there might be issues over definition of the term "live" or whatever terminology has been used to distinguish these things.

Remember how mad we all were when they had to block one song in one show a few years ago? I miss those times.

Good job bending over and supporting getting screwed and making it harder for the rest of us to fight the stupidity.

Where is the fighting... see a lot of griping and wondering WTH is going on... but fighting?

s/ another guy who can't make shows so takes what he can get..... if it's worth the money.... (IOW waiting on DCAs side of this mess)

I wonder if someone can help me or has information regarding my problem...

I want to create an account with DCI so I can watch the free event on Monday but when I click "register" it takes me to a page that requires me to select a bundle of shows or one of two individual shows. I don't want to order any of that stuff, so I didn't go any further in the registration process.

Is there a way to create an account without ordering and paying for something?

I also never got a survey despite having been a subscriber from the first day they started all the way up to the previous year. I wonder if anyone actually got one lol

I got and answered a survey from DCI on Survey Monkey, I think, probably early this year about Fan Network. I wasn't asked about how I would react to this reincarnation (or any other). It was just general questions about how I used Fan Network. They were feeling out the importance to me of the new material vs. the legacy material.