Fan Network 2015

I wonder if, like the WGI live webcast, you start the broadcast and press pause, you can watch it the next day. This worked for WGI finals live webcast. This is different to restarting the webcast the next day. Hope someone can try this out to help us on a different time zone decide if we want to subscribe

This will NOT be possible according to the DCI Live FAQ answer I posted earlier. The stream will be active up until the time the show ends at the stadium where the corps are performing. You will be able to pause and rewind during the show, but if you are not caught up by the time the show ends at the stadium, the stream will end and you will miss whatever portion of the stream you have not already viewed. Example: if the last 3 corps to perform that night are Bluecoats, Cadets and Blue Devils and you are viewing the Bluecoats show when the show in the stadium ends, you will miss whatever part of the Bluecoats show you haven't gotten to yet and the entire Cadets and Blue Devils performance. It's spelled out pretty clearly in the FAQ answer.

• Like 1

I sent a PM to John Z and now have access.

It's quiet in there.

Not nearly like it used to be. Come hit Club DCP. Say hi have a cold one

we will see. The WGI live webcast said the same but if you started it and paused it, it buffered and I was able to watch it in full the next day (as long as I didn't close the window). I understand if you were to restart it / click on the link the following day, it wouldn't work, but this is not what I am suggesting. Worth a try!!!

This will NOT be possible according to the DCI Live FAQ answer I posted earlier. The stream will be active up until the time the show ends at the stadium where the corps are performing. You will be able to pause and rewind during the show, but if you are not caught up by the time the show ends at the stadium, the stream will end and you will miss whatever portion of the stream you have not already viewed. Example: if the last 3 corps to perform that night are Bluecoats, Cadets and Blue Devils and you are viewing the Bluecoats show when the show in the stadium ends, you will miss whatever part of the Bluecoats show you haven't gotten to yet and the entire Cadets and Blue Devils performance. It's spelled out pretty clearly in the FAQ answer.

NeuLion does not use Flash for any of it's streaming. For the love of all that is holy, if you are recommending people upgrade Flash in order to solve any DCI Live! issues, please stop giving "tech support".

Gee Kamarag, do you think, just maybe, that the objective was to help a fellow DCPer? Do ya think?

But thank you for the information that NeuLion does not use Flash.

NeuLion does not use Flash for any of it's streaming. For the love of all that is holy, if you are recommending people upgrade Flash in order to solve any DCI Live! issues, please stop giving "tech support".

Obviously they're using flash for some part of the service; especially if the browser doesn't support HTML5 as evidenced by the Flash stuff below...

Untitled_zpsjx1u0twg.png

I haven't looked at the source code completely yet, but the flash player plugin IS absolutely being called for some part of the process; the code also references Silverlight and HTML5:

Capture_zpsnnnqqmmi.jpg

var onProgramListLoad = function() {

if (!state.isHTML5 && state.atload && state.embedIsLoaded){

playProgramWrap(nowplaying.id); //autoplay on first load for flash users

} else {

onReadyHTML5Player();

}

state.atload = false;

config={

html5playerId: 'nlplayerhtml5', // set by plugin

flashplayerId: 'nlplayer', // set by plugin

playerContainer: 'nlPlayerContainer', // player div in page code

programlist: 'mediaportal-list',

siteBaseServer: 'http://www.nmnathletics.com/' /* site base domain */

adZoneDefault: 'mediaplayer'

...so there you go... I'm guessing that you don't really work in IT. Maybe don't give Lincoln a hard time when you're not 100% correct?

I really don't want to waste my time any more by tracing the code any further.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 4

Obviously they're using flash for some part of the service if the browser doesn't support HTML5 as evidenced by the Flash stuff below...

...so there you go... I'm guessing that you don't really work in IT.

Thx! You obviously do work in IT.

• Like 2

Thx! You obviously do work in IT.

Yeah, nice to know my degrees count for something.

• Like 1

Yeah, nice to know my degrees count for something.

Can your degree figure out DVR?

• Like 1