New DCI.org website

Totally fair assessment. That said, I spend a lot of money with DCI each year (mostly during Finals Week) and I'd like to see something that actually works on my phone when I'm actually at a show.

I think it cost the fairly small company I work for about $40,000 to get its website redesigned so that it was optimized for mobile devices. No idea what it cost DCI, of course, but they had to weigh the cost against the likelihood that it result in more than an equivalent increase in sales.

Back to the design board DCI, I liked the old version much better.

This version is too cumbersome. Too much wasted space. Using it on a Ipad can be difficult better yet on a phone.

OK...they finally got the schedules for the individual corps up but when I go to those pages...I can't even get the event details...I have to go back to the page that has the entire schedule listed...Another DCI FAIL

:doh:

Any non-profits or governmental entities typically get hosed on any business negotiations, both in terms of cost and deliverables. You're lucky if there's a step up at all. My main question is how much did DCI pay for this?

It does do the job though. But yes, if I worked at DCI I would act just like Liahona.

Speaking of the schedule, I notice there's a download link for Outlook or ICal. I tried to load it into my iPhone, but it's interpreting each corps as a separate "game" played vs. (name of show), as in Santa Clara Vanguard vs. Mid-Cal Champions Showcase, which adds up to 847 events! I did not attempt to add these to my calendar. However when they get this fixed I certainly will because I've always wanted one touch access to what shows are actually coming up. This will be great when they fix it, in other words.

Any non-profits or governmental entities typically get hosed on any business negotiations, both in terms of cost and deliverables. You're lucky if there's a step up at all. My main question is how much did DCI pay for this?

It does do the job though. But yes, if I worked at DCI I would act just like Liahona.

Speaking of the schedule, I notice there's a download link for Outlook or ICal. I tried to load it into my iPhone, but it's interpreting each corps as a separate "game" played vs. (name of show), as in Santa Clara Vanguard vs. Mid-Cal Champions Showcase, which adds up to 847 events! I did not attempt to add these to my calendar. However when they get this fixed I certainly will because I've always wanted one touch access to what shows are actually coming up. This will be great when they fix it, in other words.

I posted a thread about this just yesterday. I too want that feature!

• Like 1

Can we get the DCI Live feed schedule that way too??

I liked this idea so much I just created one. An iCal one, that is, not the Outlook one.

It works for me, but I'm on the East coast (EST) and I don't know what happens if you are in a different time zone. So look carefully at the times and see if it "adjusts" them to perhaps a wrong time, if you see what I mean. You might have to fix them.

Also, I might have made other errors.

Now that I've covered myself every way I can think, here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pn160vr1l28hvww/DCI_Live_Schedule.ics?dl=0

Click on it from you're iPhone or wherever your iCal resides. If you've linked multiple device's calendars already, then I think it will add to all of them. You should see the list before making a final commit (I did anyway).

Let me know how it works.

I liked this idea so much I just created one. An iCal one, that is, not the Outlook one.

It works for me, but I'm on the East coast (EST) and I don't know what happens if you are in a different time zone. So look carefully at the times and see if it "adjusts" them to perhaps a wrong time, if you see what I mean. You might have to fix them.

Also, I might have made other errors.

Now that I've covered myself every way I can think, here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pn160vr1l28hvww/DCI_Live_Schedule.ics?dl=0

Click on it from you're iPhone or wherever your iCal resides. If you've linked multiple device's calendars already, then I think it will add to all of them. You should see the list before making a final commit (I did anyway).

Let me know how it works.

Thanks so much! I'm about to try it. If it works this will save me from adding them by had to my calendar. I'll let you know when get done.

Hooray! It works like a charm. Thanks!