New DCI.org website

These issues with scores and schedule may be caused by DCI having to do so much change all at once. Over time they may smooth things out. Still it seems like a mistake to roll all this out right at the start of the season. Why not do this in March, field the complaints, make improvements/excuses, and generally let things setting down before the season begins.

Also, I suspect Neulion deals primarily with 1-on-1 games, and their schedules and score systems seem designed for that.

On the other hand, any meet-style sport would have similar schedule lists and scores as DCI, so you'd think they'd have a template all set for that. Maybe they do; let's give them time to sort it all out.

To go back to the DCI.org scores list from one show, don't use the back button. Click on the link for "event list" at the top of the score page.

DCP scores page and DrumScorps app scores page are both infinitely more user-friendly.

Thanks.

orly? I have not yet received an email.

I like clicking on "Schedule", having a honkin' huge ad for Weber pop-up, clicking to close said ad, clicking on an event detail, looking at said event details, clicking "back", having previously closed honkin' huge ad for Weber pop-up again, clicking to close said ad again, clicking on another event detail, etc., etc., etc....

Ads are my favorite.

Especially when they're redundant and force me to close them every time I land on a specific page.

Keeps my index finger in shape.

Thanks DCI!

This post is brought to you by:

vakA3b5.png

• 11 months later...

I find it hard to believe that the DCI site is still cluttered with ads that have nothing to do with drum corps. It really reflects poorly on the organization, and with CPMs as low as they are, it can't be generating much revenue. This is totally bush league web strategy for a multi-million dollar non profit.

I also have a hard time understanding why they keep trying to call Field Notes a Podcast, and keep pushing it on Facebook. If it was a podcast, it would have an RSS feed, and be downloadable by Podcast clients. Instead, it's just a not-very-useful audio download that's difficult to play.

It's really frustrating to see how bad DCI is at this stuff.

Edited by besson57
  • Like 2

I find it hard to believe that the DCI site is still cluttered with ads that have nothing to do with drum corps. It really reflects poorly on the organization, and with CPMs as low as they are, it can't be generating much revenue. This is totally bush league web strategy for a multi-million dollar non profit.

I also have a hard time understanding why they keep trying to call Field Notes a Podcast, and keep pushing it on Facebook. If it was a podcast, it would have an RSS feed, and be downloadable by Podcast clients. Instead, it's just a not-very-useful audio download that's difficult to play.

It's really frustrating to see how bad DCI is at this stuff.

Fairly telling that the admin on the press and web side are in need of some new blood.