2015 Uniforms (All Threads Now Merged HERE)

Phantom Regiment has confirmed via Twitter that there will be a second guard uniform.

Atlvalet appears desperate for someone to ask him about his expertise as a visual designer. Otherwise, he wouldn't have implied it so strongly, without actually stating it. So be sure not to ask him. He also referred us to his books, which is a dead giveaway. One thing actual great artists (in all areas) never do is refer you to the rule book. Only the mediocre do that.

As someone else correctly said, there are some general constraints that uniform designers are given. These include:

- "When they take the field there has to be no doubt who it is." - It has to be based on the forms and colors both from the previous year and from long tradition.

- "It has to evoke this year's show idea."

- "It has to knock everyone's socks off."

I once asked a top designer what they would do if they were given free rein, and what they said was radically different from anything they had just created for the various corps that year.

Personally I like the uniform, although the plumes are a little short... :tounge2:

"Guys guys guys! I'm a designer! Look at me! Your design opinions are inferior but don't ask me why because I'm not going to explain it to you!"

• Like 2

Both Phantom guard uniforms work, although they are both surprisingly more playful than the elegant evening dresses I would expect. I bet it fits with the show, however, which - I also bet - is going to be a great one.

CHV_Q4xUsAANl2f.jpg

BK sendoff via twitter

Gulp.

CHV_Q4xUsAANl2f.jpg

BK sendoff via twitter

What's the difference between this and the 2014 uniform? I'm assuming it's the color of the trousers.