2015 Uniforms (All Threads Now Merged HERE)

Holy ####! It's almost like the appearance of a uniform IS COMPLETELY ####### SUBJECTIVE.

I'm reading some comments on here declaring the demise of the Crossmen over their UNIFORM CHOICE and I want to bang my head against a wall.

Yea, that's a tad extreme. Is the Crossmen's uniform choice shocking? Absolutely. Does it look goofy by itself? Maybe. Will it look good n the field, in the show? We don't really know yet, and I think it could easily go either way. I don't think it looks bad...but it's not at all what we're used to seeing, especially after the home run that was the uniform last year. It's no more shocking than the shakos of 1995 (ugh!).

Blue Devils unis will be released soon.

I'm excited for this.

• Like 1

Yea, that's a tad extreme. Is the Crossmen's uniform choice shocking? Absolutely. Does it look goofy by itself? Maybe. Will it look good n the field, in the show? We don't really know yet, and I think it could easily go either way. I don't think it looks bad...but it's not at all what we're used to seeing, especially after the home run that was the uniform last year. It's no more shocking than the shakos of 1995 (ugh!).

But that's the thing. With something like, there is no way for someone to objectively say "this uniform is good" and "this uniform is bad." The appearance of a uniform is subjective and there will never be an instance where everyone is in agreement.

I personally adore BD's uniforms and don't think Crossmen's units look bad at all. At the same time, I don't like Cadets' unis while others practically worship them. Everyone can have their opinion but a judge is not going to penalize a group for having a uniform that YOU think is ugly.

I think Crossmen's new uniform changes will go with their theme this year. For those who have heard Eric Whitacre's "Fly to Paradise" - it's quite ethereal. This uniform actually matches the feeling it generates quite well. A couple of weeks ago there was a video of a Crossmen practice and their arrangement of the piece is quite true to the original - including whomever is doing the singing.

I think it's okay for people to not like something. Saying it's going to somehow affect a season is over the line - particularly when the finished product hasn't been seen.

That being said, i really dislike it when everything on this forum is generalized. DCP this, DCP that Bad DCP!

Edited by Lincoln
  • Like 4

Wait, what!?!

*Google image search "Crossmen shakos*

... just ... no

Wore them in '83 too.