2016 Prediction Thread

BD 3peat, #18

why?

Brandon

I predict when ScoJo retires, Brandon will take his place.

So you're telling me there's a chance;)

haha!

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Crown

BD

SCV

Cadets

Bluecoats

Blue Knights

Phantom

Madison

Cavaliers

Troopers

Crossmen

Boston

• Like 2

Yes. It became rather confusing as a result, imo.

As for Corps that have made Finals before ( and thus are not " new faces " to it ), I could more easily see 1 Corps from that group making Finals again, this summer. That saId, its rare in modern DCI to see TWO Corps that were not in Finals the season before, make it in the following season. But then again, records wwre made to be broken too, so we'll see.

I think the last time it happened was in 2002, when Spirit, Magic of Orlando, and Seattle Cascades all made finals after not having made it the year before. It would be awesome this year to see a totally new face in finals. Academy and Pacific Crest would probably have about the best chances, although Mandarins have made major strides in the last few years as well.

I think the last time it happened was in 2002, when Spirit, Magic of Orlando, and Seattle Cascades all made finals after not having made it the year before. It would be awesome this year to see a totally new face in finals. Academy and Pacific Crest would probably have about the best chances, although Mandarins have made major strides in the last few years as well.

PC was wayyyyy down in 20th or 21st. In 2012 or 2013 I might have agreed, but in 2016 it's a long shot. Though I really hope to see them back that strong again.

The only corps that hasn't made it before that I think has a shot in 2016 is The Academy. I definitely agree there. Fantastic show last year, polished, and consistently strong across all captions. Second year in a row improving, and from what I can tell they have retained their staff. Those are the things I look for when making a prediction like this. They just need a little more difficulty and depth and they will be hot.

If OC keeps their trend, could see them making a case in a few years.

Edited by DrumManTx

True...but BD in 4th, passed by BK, that alone amuse me, but anything is possible!

Haha!... another interesting tidbit here on DCP is that Boston is likely to fall in placement according to more than half the DCP'ers that have participated in this placement prediction thread since the middle of February. Boston hasn't fallen out of the Top 10 in 18 years but still, that seems to be the most recent majority consensus here on DCP for Boston's placement this summer. Time will tell, of course. There are no right , nor wrong answers at this juncture, and placement predictions are a fun activity, and should be taken in this vein by all ( which I am ). I did find this recent DCP majority consensus tidbit interesting, and thought I'd mention this today too !

Edited by BRASSO

Hillary over Jeb, and not too close. Senate tied at 50, so the V.P. will be tie-breaker. House stays Republican, even though once again more people nationally vote for Democratic than Republican House candidates (due to a combination of gerrymandering and Democrats being clustered in cities).

Wait, not that kind of prediction?

Bluecoats win their second title in a row.

And I'm very curious about BoyWonder's prediction. Who's coming from overseas in 2016? I think Jubal has a reasonable chance of reaching Semis this year. They were third in last year's DC Europe championships to The Company and Kidsgrove Scouts. When Kidsgrove comes to the U.S., they compete in DCA (as they are doing this year). Will The Company be appearing? Or a Japanese corps? Or North Eastern Technology from Thailand at long last?

Well, I was very wrong about at least two of these things. Unbelievable. Although the coronation of a Sith Lord on Star Wars day does seem appropriate.

Let's see: Crown had medaled twice before winning the championship, right? And now Bloo has medaled three times. So maybe this year they win. Every year I pick B.D. in third. Let's do that again. And let's have a tie somewhere in Finals this year; it's been too long.

Have we heard of any foreign corps coming to DCI this year?

Once again I'll pass.

Thats what the Patriots OC usually says too, Ghost( ...haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

After what I've heard from corps so far this winter/early spring season I'm revising my predictions:

1) Cadets

2) Carolina Crown

3) Blue Devils

4) Bluecoats

5) Blue Knights

6) Phantom Regiment

7) Santa Clara Vanguard

8) Madison Scouts

9) Cavaliers

10) Boston Crusaders

11) Blue Stars

12) Crossmen

13) Troopers / Spirit of Atlanta (can't decide, but leaning slightly towards Troopers. Depends on their first few shows)

14) Troopers / Spirit of Atlanta (can't decide, but leaning slightly towards Spirit of Atlanta. Depends on their first few shows)

15) Colts

16) Academy

17) Oregon Crusaders

18) Mandarins