2016 Prediction Thread

I want to predict Boston and Blue Stars higher based solely on what I have seen or heard, cause their shows seem so much stronger than last year already. But that begs the question of who the hell do I move down? My head hurts.

Might be one of those years where a corps is a lot better but stays in the same placement due to everyone improving. It's a conundrum.

• Like 1

I want to predict Boston and Blue Stars higher based solely on what I have seen or heard, cause their shows seem so much stronger than last year already. But that begs the question of who the hell do I move down? My head hurts.

Might be one of those years where a corps is a lot better but stays in the same placement due to everyone improving. It's a conundrum.

This happens often throughout the activity. It's not just about a corps getting better BUT who didn't progress or who slips. This of course has nothing to do with personal best or personal goals but as far as competition ( which is what this is, maybe not everything but still competition for placements ) it can often mean a corps getting alot better and no movement or still not making finals. Often some see huge progress and predict a jump in placements but of course creating their own scenario's with no one else improving..lol Not speaking of anyone in particular just human nature I suppose.

It can be heartbreaking for sure but thats the nature of competition.

Edited by GUARDLING

This happens often throughout the activity. It's not just about a corps getting better BUT who didn't progress or who slips. This of course has nothing to do with personal best or personal goals but as far as competition ( which is what this is, maybe not everything but still competition for placements ) it can often mean a corps getting alot better and no movement or still not making finals. Often some see huge progress and predict a jump in placements but of course creating their own scenario's with no one else improving..lol Not speaking of anyone in particular just human nature I suppose.

Not to mention those maddening times when one's group gets what seems to be a lot better...and falls a placement or two.

• Like 3

It's happened before, however I have that feeling even more so this year. Think Cesario said it best in his podcast, everyone is doing their homework. They're listening and doing what they need to do.

That makes for an incredibly exciting season!

• Like 2

Before we get too crazy about who is improving and who will move up or down; temper ALL the conjecture with the reality that no matter how much a corps is thought to have improved (design, sound, size, uniforms, etc., etc.) with no competitions yet; they all still have to perform. I remember BAC's Animal farm. A show that never reached it's potential for a number of reasons, but a significant one was they could not perform it because they never could clean it enough to score well. Pre-season it was looking better than the year before. Then....

• Like 1

Before we get too crazy about who is improving and who will move up or down; temper ALL the conjecture with the reality that no matter how much a corps is thought to have improved (design, sound, size, uniforms, etc., etc.) with no competitions yet; they all still have to perform. I remember BAC's Animal farm. A show that never reached it's potential for a number of reasons, but a significant one was they could not perform it because they never could clean it enough to score well. Pre-season it was looking better than the year before. Then....

I'm definitely not saying they will be better come August, but as far as what they're doing so far, there are indicators they have the tools and bones of a show that are much stronger in spring training. What they do with that during the season? That has yet to be seen, but I have a good gut feeling.

As we saw with Crown last year, it can come down to how you layer too.

I remember BAC's "Animal Farm". A show that never reached its potential for a number of reasons, but a significant one was they could not perform it because they never could clean it enough to score well.

Still I'm glad they did that show. For all its performance flaws, I think it will be long remembered. Sometimes it's better to try and fail.

• Like 3

Still I'm glad they did that show. For all its performance flaws, I think it will be long remembered. Sometimes it's better to try and fail.

"Better to have loved and lost...", and all that jazz.

Well it certainly generated a LOT of chatter and interpretations. But I agree it was a memorable show for the story it was attempting to portray

That show was honestly quite a monster visually. Tempos were insane in some areas, drill was crazy hard, and the music required an intensity throughout that I don't think any corps that year required. I'm still very happy they took it on, it fit the corps really well.