Innovations in Brass: Akron

I fully expect Bluecoats to overtake Cadets at this show. I don't think they'll stay ahead the whole season though. Probably will flip flop with crown and Cadets for much of the season.

1. Bluecoats

2. Cadets

3. Crown

4. Cavaliers

5. Boston

6. Blue stars

7. Troopers.

Called it, 2000Cadet :)

• Like 3

It's June 20th. If people don't "get" a corps' concept it's probably because the production isn't complete! I mean, The Cavies don't have show silks yet, Crown has a place holder ending that has nothing to do with Hell, and even The Cadets are counting nonstop to get across that their show is about 10. Give them some time.

• Like 2

It's June 20th. If people don't "get" a corps' concept it's probably because the production isn't complete! I mean, The Cavies don't have show silks yet, Crown has a place holder ending that has nothing to do with Hell, and even The Cadets are counting nonstop to get across that their show is about 10. Give them some time.

Well the end of the show, for crown, should be about ascending out of hell, right?

Well the end of the show, for crown, should be about ascending out of hell, right?

Cleveland, sure. But right now they end the show with a figure skating lift.

• Like 1

Regarding Crown, Dante's "Inferno" is not as much about hell even though it takes place in Hell. It's more about the people who find themselves in Hell, including a few Dante believed should be there. It's more of a morality tale and at the end, Dante who is just a visitor, does leave. I am guessing that by August, Crown will have more of a contrast in this regard than we see now. You have to give Crown credit. It is a difficult concept to convey.

Crown was awesome tonight. That show is coming around. The level of LOUD with that brass line is already legendary to me. Might be their loudest line (and with an amazing sound too). Whew!!!! They hit the first unison of the show and I think the cement in the upper deck began to crumble. May be the loudest line I've ever heard. :)

Regarding Crown, Dante's "Inferno" is not as much about hell even though it takes place in Hell. It's more about the people who find themselves in Hell, including a few Dante believed should be there. It's more of a morality tale and at the end, Dante who is just a visitor, does leave. I am guessing that by August, Crown will have more of a contrast in this regard than we see now. You have to give Crown credit. It is a difficult concept to convey.

Exactly, TimK. It's way too early in the season to be worried about who leapfrogs who on what night and how close the scores are. It's much more interesting watching the performers progress while the designers add all the bells and whistles. (Just an opinion, obvs.)