Infuence of DCPers...

Well, DCPers.

Is this because of the opinions and threads expressed here? The sentiments, editorials, and tantrums of some posters? Are the directors definitely listening to the wants and preferences of the dinos in the stands, the fans with the bucks, the lifers who yearn for everything like BITD?

We're a week in and already major changes are in the works to get our applause and to rid the shows of our displeasures

Cavaliers2015_SoundSystemforSale.jpg.

For example. https://www.cavaliers.org/blog/sound-system-sale

Oh, you mean that they are not getting rid of electronics??? Is the season not reduced to a toss-up between SCV's or Bloo's race for the Utility Companies' sponsorships? When will corps get with the move to green everything (no not The Cavaliers; the other green; no not Oregon Crusaders either...) for better use of solar power, wind power (hey who knows what an Invention show could come up with based on the energy generated by the brassline or the tredmill of the drill? Maybe couple that energy of the marchers with Bloo's hamster cages and now no more need for electronics, ha, ha.) 11427179_900428416682263_434946703766682

Seriously, these sound boards, speakers, generators, and such are making a big crimp into the financial budgets. Socially speaking, whose is better and bigger is not just a matter of the size of Boston's, Cadet's, or BD's plumes. (Yes, Crown has been deplumed.) Now that the season is on the best buy of new sound systems has begun. Almost another truck is needed for all the gizmos since the trampolines have been retired. Can't leave that space empty now..

What say you DCPers?

And yes, we know *********** and the young folk will all think this is a rant and criticize close mindedness rather than laugh, knowing it's all tongue in cheek.

Edited by Cainan
  • Like 1

Do they read and respond to people on DCP?

I don't know, but i said some choice things about the cadets show last year on here and then later that night Hop makes a facebook post responding to my criticism (indirectly).

Sure, maybe other people had the same feelings, maybe he didnt hear it on dcp even, but i'll die with the idea that Hopkins made a passive-aggressive response to me on social media.

• Like 4

In my humble opinion, I don't think DCP plays a huge role overall in the drum corps world, at least in a large way. I think it's value is in giving fans of all ages the opportunity to share thoughts, opinions, and viewpoints. My guess is complaints about Fan Network may be taken seriously since that is good customer service. Perhaps stadium or venue complaints might be taken into consideration, but show design, issues regarding electronics, musical choice, attire of the color guard, etc., little to no influence.

While one director does seem to respond to DCP comments, most do not in a huge way, but in his case, he does seem to have quite a few posters who happen to be or claim to be to be alums. His corps also gets more than its share of stones thrown at it, so that may be the reason for so many Facebook responses to DCP posts from this director. Also he has to get the last word.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

Let's be honest...

If we had an real influence, we wouldn't be on DCP. We'd be out in the real world being influential.

• Like 7

Do they read and respond to people on DCP?

Several of the Corps Directors are posters here, and we do know that from time to time they read posts on here ( while ironically telling their members not to do what THEY themselves do, ie read DCP ). When it fits their agenda, some of these DCP Corps Directors have even posted their comments on here over the years. That said, whether they post on here, or not, its no big deal either way, imo. Most of us don't care either way if they participate on here or not. if they do.. fine.. If they don't ... fine as well. If any of us wanted to contact them directly on something that effects their particular Corps, we know how to get in touch with them( and my guess, many of us here have taken that route before with these Corps when it interests us to do so )

Edited by BRASSO

Several of the Corps Directors are posters here, and we do know that from time to time they read posts on here ( while ironically telling their members not to do what THEY themselves do, ie read DCP ). When it fits their agenda, some of these DCP Corps Directors have even posted their comments on here over the years. That said, whether they post on here, or not, its no bid deal either way, imo. Most of us don't care either way if they participate on here or not. if they do.. fine.. If they don't ... fine as well.

Oh yes i know. I remember last year the brass arranger for the Colts responding to criticisms by a parent about the Colts show. It got rather heated.

Oh... The good times.

Oh yes i know. I remember last year the brass arranger for the Colts responding to criticisms by a parent about the Colts show. It got rather heated.

Oh... The good times.

I don't remember anything Mr. Naffier said as being heated, his posts are always done in a way that is extremely professional and enjoyable to me. Maybe it was more on the other posters side. I always enjoy when Chuck drops in.

I don't really post on here to have any influence..............it's really the only place I can come to discuss drum corps and not have to wait days for a fake fluffy nice not gonna criticize response.

Edited by DrumManTx