The Rise of Pseudointellectuals on DCP

Getting back (in a general sense) to the OP...

Actually, the best place for NON-Pseudointellectualism is sitting for an hour, enjoying the morning cup(s) of coffee, in the campground store at Bass Harbor Campground in Bass Harbor, ME. Just an outsider among the "locals." The only "pseudointellectual" thing in the place is the outsider sitting and counting the number of times the word "Ayuh" comes up in that hour of conversation. Luckily, the outsider also is intellectual enough to realize that it really doesn't matter -- just enjoy the experience.

Ayuh

4746183236_8867bc540c.jpg

• Like 1

Ayuh

4746183236_8867bc540c.jpg

And the heart goes pitter-patter.... :colgate:

Thanks, El.

Einstein on the Beach. Definitely NO pseudointellectualism there.

I'm not Einstein and not a fan of that show

• Like 2

Personally, I think drum corps at the top level are better now than anytime I can remember, even with the body movements and electronics. However, I think the activity has lost a lot over the last 20 years in terms of the competitiveness at the mid and lower levels.

As long as "pseudo-intellectuals" and whomever else keeps buying tickets and soaves to support the corps, I personally don't mind what they say about the shows, the corps, the designers, the directors, DCI, whatever. The members of the corps know they have the support of the fans by the number of people in the stadium seats. Even griping about something means that something is being discussed and has hit a nerve, generating interest.

I've had people complain about things I've written, which is fine, because it means they're reading what I write...ultimately the one thing I want them to do. Complaining about the corps shows means those people doing the complaining are watching the shows and they've been inspired enough by the productions to talk and write about them.

Complaints about drum corps are better than no reaction at all, being that no reaction would mean drum corps no longer existed. Now get off my lawn!

• Like 3

Exactly, Mr. Boo!

It's all about keeping-up a 'buzz.' Doesn't much matter what the buzz. Lots of buzz right now over tonight's broadcast. Everything's set to go! The reality is, I'll probably be watching with a buzz-on, too!

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Like 1

It goes to both ends of the spectrum, some people think every show, every corps deserves a standing ovation. However when that happens there is no where else to go when one show really is spectacular. Complainers are the same way they complain about everything so that when something really is bad they have no lower bar to go to so folks can't tell what is truly bad since everything has been bad. With the top corps though the entire difference in placement is almost completely in show design. Rarely do you see poor execution by the marching members so most criticism at that level should be aimed at the design staff.

• Like 2

It goes to both ends of the spectrum, some people think every show, every corps deserves a standing ovation. However when that happens there is no where else to go when one show really is spectacular. Complainers are the same way they complain about everything so that when something really is bad they have no lower bar to go to so folks can't tell what is truly bad since everything has been bad. With the top corps though the entire difference in placement is almost completely in show design. Rarely do you see poor execution by the marching members so most criticism at that level should be aimed at the design staff.

The Cadets this season are so far the only corps to bring me literally off my seat mid-show...I haven't seen everyone just yet...

• Like 1

As long as "pseudo-intellectuals" and whomever else keeps buying tickets and soaves to support the corps, I personally don't mind what they say about the shows, the corps, the designers, the directors, DCI, whatever. The members of the corps know they have the support of the fans by the number of people in the stadium seats. Even griping about something means that something is being discussed and has hit a nerve, generating interest.

I've had people complain about things I've written, which is fine, because it means they're reading what I write...ultimately the one thing I want them to do. Complaining about the corps shows means those people doing the complaining are watching the shows and they've been inspired enough by the productions to talk and write about them.

Complaints about drum corps are better than no reaction at all, being that no reaction would mean drum corps no longer existed. Now get off my lawn!

Here's my reaction so Mr. Boo knows I am reading his writing.

• Like 1

I still havn't seen BD and SCV... but Cadets show this year flows so seemlessly, imo. There are some moments in the middle that could need tweaking from a Show Design standpoint, but this Cadets Show has a legit shot this season, imo Liahona. Looking forward to tonite's first head to head match up.

Edited by BRASSO