Whitewater Rapids! The Whitewater Classic 2015

Maybe I need to go and listen to the source music. As matter of fact, I like them enough to go out of my way to do that. However, shouldn't a show be musically fulfilling on a first or second read (tonight was my third)?

I'm looking forward to understanding what they are trying to portray better. Thanks!

It will help! I 99.99% guarantee it.

• Like 2

Can anyone elaborate on the Bluecoats changes? Didn't get to watch tonight. Would be GREATLY appreciated!

"Big Hit" upgrades mostly. They took the high moments of the show and made them higher.

• Like 1

Maybe I need to go and listen to the source music. As matter of fact, I like them enough to go out of my way to do that. However, shouldn't a show be musically fulfilling on a first or second read (tonight was my third)?

I'm looking forward to understanding what they are trying to portray better. Thanks!

Here you go. Woods.

• Like 1

It will help! I 99.99% guarantee it.

Agreed. Particularly with the Bon Iver piece. It's very disconcerting on first hearing, but it grows on you. BD somehow captures the mood of that one in ways I didn't think would be possible when I first heard it. That said, the lyrics of that song still have me scratching my head....

Yah. Most of the Bloo changes were giving the show more range in the impact of their playing. It's sounding much more dynamic in nature now.

• Like 3

As expected, it was a cliffhanger in Clifton, NJ!

Blue Devils-82.6

Cadets-82.55

Crown-81.7

Boston-75.35

Yes, heavy-weight fight there. And how about that score for Boston. Nice!! Cadets are definitely coming on strong with that musical and visual masterpiece of theirs. Let's see how SCV and BLOOO do tonight. My guess is this:

1. Bluecoats 82.25

2. SCV 80.50

• Like 1

Agreed. Particularly with the Bon Iver piece. It's very disconcerting on first hearing, but it grows on you. BD somehow captures the mood of that one in ways I didn't think would be possible when I first heard it. That said, the lyrics of that song still have me scratching my head....

Lyrics are perfectly sensible from a "Let's go up in the woods in Vermont and make a sill full of moonshine that knocks us so flat on our ### it seems to slow down time." duuuuude. Point of view.

• Like 1

OK, so I can dig what BLOO is doing. It definitely has the cool factor. Brass plays their book well, strong percussion all around, Guard is also strong and performs well. The only beef that I have with this show is the music itself. Can anyone find any memorable musical moments (without synthesized effects in it) in the show? Can anyone whistle the melody of any of their selections? I just don't find it musically memorable, IMO.

I'm sure it will do well, because they will clean it, and it will check off all of the achievement boxes. I feel that they tried to take all of the "cool" things that they introduced to the activity last year and possibly over do them this year.

Just My $.02

This.

• Like 2