Whitewater Rapids! The Whitewater Classic 2015

OK, so I can dig what BLOO is doing. It definitely has the cool factor. Brass plays their book well, strong percussion all around, Guard is also strong and performs well. The only beef that I have with this show is the music itself. Can anyone find any memorable musical moments (without synthesized effects in it) in the show? Can anyone whistle the melody of any of their selections? I just don't find it musically memorable, IMO.

I'm sure it will do well, because they will clean it, and it will check off all of the achievement boxes. I feel that they tried to take all of the "cool" things that they introduced to the activity last year and possibly over do them this year.

Just My $.02

On the flipside, I counter with this.

If you can't pick out a musical moment, but still like this show, you are basically conceding that you think that the show is effective and relies on itself (integrated visually/musically) to work.

• Like 1

OK, so I can dig what BLOO is doing. It definitely has the cool factor. Brass plays their book well, strong percussion all around, Guard is also strong and performs well. The only beef that I have with this show is the music itself. Can anyone find any memorable musical moments (without synthesized effects in it) in the show? Can anyone whistle the melody of any of their selections? I just don't find it musically memorable, IMO.

I'm sure it will do well, because they will clean it, and it will check off all of the achievement boxes. I feel that they tried to take all of the "cool" things that they introduced to the activity last year and possibly over do them this year.

Just My $.02

Is whistleability a requirement? (is "whistleability a word?) I actually like the show because the sticks with me emotionally without being catchy in a conventional way.

• Like 2

If recent history is any guide, that should serve them well.

Madison is fun! IT's totally retro, not as complex as the contenders, but fun as heck to watch and hear. Miles better in letting them play songs out more to catch the tunes than last year.

• Like 4

As expected, it was a cliffhanger in Clifton, NJ!

Blue Devils-82.6

Cadets-82.55

Crown-81.7

Boston-75.35

Jersey Surf-61.9

Open

7th Regiment-58.2

Spartans-56.8

Raiders-43.9

• Like 2

Woods is definitely hummable. The drum break from Mr. Maps is drumspeakable…if that counts for you.

But then I've been listening to the source music since it was announced so it seems 'familiar' now.

Maybe I need to go and listen to the source music. As matter of fact, I like them enough to go out of my way to do that. However, shouldn't a show be musically fulfilling on a first or second read (tonight was my third)?

I'm looking forward to understanding what they are trying to portray better. Thanks!