Phailing Phantom-- How Phar Will They Phall?

disagree, I think it's the best uniform they've had since they've started changing it every year.

Maybe with exception of 2010

Best coordinating uniforms on the field this year! Guard and hornline blend perfectly.

• Like 1

Sure. And some get an idea in their heads and run with it, even if it's a bad idea.

Phantom's design team had a bad idea. Maybe they tried their best to make it work, but I'm sure at some point in the planning process they probably thought of several ideas that would have worked way better. And by sticking to their guns for a bad concept, either they're flat out bad at what they do, or they didn't care to try anything else. Either way, this is a net failure of a design for a corps that would be pretty good with a show that worked.

Well, since you seem to know everything and can fix everything maybe you should get a job with a corps and put your supposed talent where your mouth is. I bet whatever corp you work with will medal each and every year and you can brag how wonderful you are. But to be so arrogant as to pass judgement and comment on a corps you have nothing to do with simply means to me that you have no talent, are a big mouth know-nothing and should keep your opinion to yourself. Phantom will be just fine.. as long as you don't ever have anything to do with them or any other corps for that matter. :grrr:

• Like 1

disagree, I think it's the best uniform they've had since they've started changing it every year.

Maybe with exception of 2010

Not to nitpick, but they've changed them almost every year for 25 years now. (I do like the gold on these, and love the plumes, but the shoulder fringe is a bit much.)

Mike

Mike

Not to nitpick, but they've changed them almost every year for 25 years now. (I do like the gold on these, and love the plumes, but the shoulder fringe is a bit much.)

Mike

Mike

I'm happy to leave the costume design to the professionals.

Edited by fatbrassboy

My only question is how they thought this show would be competitive at the top? With what BD, Crown, SCV, Coats, and Cadets are putting on the field, Phantom's show design just seems a step down in terms of sophistication and competitiveness. A shopping weekend in Paris?

• Like 3

My only question is how they thought this show would be competitive at the top? With what BD, Crown, SCV, Coats, and Cadets are putting on the field, Phantom's show design just seems a step down in terms of sophistication and competitiveness. A shopping weekend in Paris?

Bluecoats had a show about freaking tilting. Sophistication is the wrong word.

• Like 1

Bluecoats had a show about freaking tilting. Sophistication is the wrong word.

Sophistication in design can mean many things. In my case, I mean an intellectual show design with multiple layers that can be added and exploited. Kind of hard to make a shopping trip intellectual and add layers to it

• Like 2

Sophistication in design can mean many things. In my case, I mean an intellectual show design with multiple layers that can be added and exploited. Kind of hard to make a shopping trip intellectual and add layers to it

Maybe she could hit up a bookstore and buy some Sartre. Then leave a shop and run into in a street protest with Foucault?

This would likely out weird the Dada show.

• Like 1

Well, there is the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame chimes and cathedral windows, classical French composers, and more. There is one shopping prop with the soloist. Are we critiquing all of the props on the field now? I honestly don't understand how people can be so critical of these shows. These are the top drum and bugle corps in the world! It's extremely hard work and the young adults are enjoying performing their show for the audience. Too bad you can't enjoy watching it.

• Like 3