DCI Minnesota - 7/11

I love bluestars but sometimes it feels like the program coordinator and brass arrangers forget to tell a coherent musical story with a beginning, middle and end. This musical program just feels disjointed and lacks a flow. Some of the direction changes are jarring. All that said, corps is obviously more vet laden than recent years and the pit and drums, whole percussion program, is quite strong. Horns put out a quality sound but could use a little more volume in spots. You can tell they are working hard but I'm left wondering if the members love their show, my sense is... No.

• Like 3

I really like BS. They are sloppy with the feet though. More so then the last few corps before them. If they can clean up then they should be in great shape..

What a pleasing show ! Well done Blue Stars !!!

Off topic of BS... and PR.. but Crown is gonna have a hell of a night with the banner in this wind.

This is a really strong show (Stars). Some of the music arranging is just wonderful, and other aspects are just ok. Love their percussion. FUN show. Fast drill at the end. I actually like that the brass is not overdoing the volume. They sound wonderful and balanced. They are also playing some meaty charts. Good demand. This is also a show that can push up the ladder. Come Finals I just see the Blue Stars slightly over Madison. Just a better overall vehicle. I think the same about Boston.

OLD FART ALERT....

We're talking about a hornline avoiding "overdoing the volume". facepalm

• Like 4

OLD FART ALERT....

Can we say FART?

OLD FART ALERT....

Is it possible for a hornline to overdo the volume...?

• Like 1