DCI Minnesota - 7/11

STILL don't like the Crossmen's show. TOO much GE.

• Like 1

Go Scouts!

• Like 2

Really loving Crossman's show! Visually wonderful. The cloud tarps/props are really effective......and the singer is great! What she is singing suits the show theme very effectively. For me.

• Like 1

Drumline Souds good, guard isn't half bad. Shame about the hornline, not gonna criticize those kids, they're doing the best with what they have. What happened there with the staff? Geez, letting them down, there is a lot of potential there.

Staff change. The staff from the previous two years weren't asked back and they made all the techs caption heads. Also, new corps director this year. They have Teal sounds last corps director.

Terrible design choices being made by the staff. They've set those kids up for failure.

That being said, those kids are real troopers going out there night after night. It's not their fault, and they are showing tremendous heart! I applaud them!!!

• Like 1

Cloud props will also work for next year's Mario Bros. Show.

Funny you say that. I've always felt between the tarps and the paper airplanes and parachute, the visual has a 'videogame' feel to it. Or somewhat on the anime side of animation perhaps. Which makes sense given what Whitacre composed Fly to Paradise for.

Watching on my computer and volume isn't great for high cam. Any suggestions? Multi cam better?