San Antonio Lineup

It's a fantastic lineup, and I'm not just saying that because Troop got an amazing spot. For once the system favors the non-Finalists.

could be a terrible spot. much more visual movement with on before them .

• Like 1

Agreed! I feel the only explanation for people complaining about performance order is they don't appreciate what the corps that are typically placed 13-22 as much as they should. Everyone of them in World class is a World class corps, hence the title, and they all rehearse and perform like world class corps. So what if a lower corps is being placed in the spotlight? The rules for drafting the time slots were set before scores from Denv/Minn were announced, that makes it fair. So to get mad and upset about what times your favorite corps perform, IMO, is silly. Yeah, theres the right to feel uncomfortable about a certain spot, but not to be angered about it. And yeah, the scores seemed a bit high from Denver, but it is what it is. If Minnesota's scores were 2 points higher Saturday, there wouldn't be an argument and those doing the arguing now would be all over these boards proclaiming how much better their teams are than the bottom half of the pack. To argue that the corps who got bad slots from Minnesota will have an incredible negative affect from the schedule is to admit that the corps in say the 17-13 range 'standard corps' typically have an unfair advantage at regionals because they perform earlier in the day and your argument doesn't have a strong validity. Let the kids play, and let the judges judge. The placements at the end of the night come down to how well a corps performs, not by the hand positions of a clock when they step off. If the corps that good spots for Texas can hold their own, this might end up being the most exciting year of drum corps in a while with potentially seven corps competing for 9-12th and four or five corps competing for a championship. Sit back and enjoy the sounds and sights Saturday and maybe you'll see why there are some scores have been all over the place, everyone is good this year.

I love ALL WC corps.I love watching ALL corps. not just top 5.

The reason we have regionals and performance order accordingly to score is to give the judges a fair shot at ranking and rating these corps. If you even judged you will know when class and levels jump around it is harder to rank . Especially when there are 23 groups performing . The important thing is they get it right. Just harder to do when corps jump up in different peer group because of 1 show. could help,,,,,could hurt.

Because they are not performing with their peer group .

could be a terrible spot. much more visual movement with on before them .

I'll take that chance. Odds are that they get a score boost since the judges don't have to be concerned with leaving room for the corps above.

Performance. Order. Matters.

If nothing else it's one hell of a recruiting boost for next year.

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=210207389

All times Central Time Zone

11:30 a.m. Gates Open

12:00 p.m. Kick Start workshop for students

2:00 p.m. SoundSport: Western Vanguard

2:17 p.m. Louisiana Stars Lafayette, LA

2:34 p.m. Guardians ­ Houston, TX

2:51 p.m. Genesis Austin, TX

3:08 p.m. Jubal Dordrecht, The Netherlands

3:25 p.m. Pioneer Milwaukee, WI

3:42 p.m. Jersey Surf Camden County, NJ

3:59 p.m. Cascades Seattle, WA

4:16 p.m. Pacific Crest Diamond Bar, CA

4:33 p.m. Intermission (51 minutes)

5:24 p.m. Spirit of Atlanta Atlanta, GA

5:41 p.m. Mandarins Sacramento, CA

5:58 p.m. Oregon Crusaders Portland, OR

6:15 p.m. Madison Scouts Madison, WI

6:32 p.m. Crossmen San Antonio, TX

6:49 p.m. Boston Crusaders Boston, MA

7:06 p.m. Blue Stars La Crosse, WI

7:23 p.m. The Academy Tempe, AZ

7:40 p.m. Colts Dubuque, IA

7:57 p.m. Intermission (34 minutes)

8:14 p.m. Phantom Regiment Rockford, IL

8:31 p.m. The Cavaliers Rosemont, IL

8:48 p.m. Troopers Casper, WY

9:05 p.m. Santa Clara Vanguard Santa Clara, CA

9:22 p.m. Carolina Crown Ft. Mill, SC

9:39 p.m. Blue Knights Denver, CO

9:56 p.m. The Cadets Allentown, PA

10:13 p.m. Bluecoats Canton, OH

10:30 p.m. Blue Devils Concord, CA

10:47 p.m. DrumLine Battle

10:59 p.m. Awards Ceremony

Just bumping this so we don't have to go all the way to page one to see it. BK got a killer spot.

• Like 2

It does my heart good to read this thread. It just tickles me to see how uptight some of you are about order placement for some of the "lower tier" corps.

With a glass of gin in one hand and my dentures gleaming, I say, "It's about dam* time!"

Edited by Granny Smith
  • Like 7

question, when a corps is being judged is it mainly based on the corps that performed before them?

Performance. Order. Matters....( you said)

While many here remember the placements of last year's top 12, my guess, nobody could tell you, or anybody else, what the exact performance order was for last season's San Antonio regional. They'd all have to look it up. Performance order for San Antonio will have as much bearing in the finals placements as does Spring Training standings in the Grapefruit League this Spring will have come the MLB playoffs later this season. Also, Drum Corps Recruiting is based on who's on staff, not who goes on when and at what time, in San Antonio in mid July

Edited by BRASSO

question, when a corps is being judged is it mainly based on the corps that performed before them?

No. its a collective memory the judges are supposed to have. The judges are judging the particular Corps thats in front of them, in relationship to all the others that the judge has so far evaluated in that particular show.

Now, this is how it is supposed to work. Do judges do it this way, each time. Probably not.

Edited by BRASSO

The Troopers have a wonderful draw time for San Anton.. while Madison, not so much. Will this have an effect on both Corps scores, placements on Sat. in San Anton ?. perhaps,.. but if it does at all, it would be just very marginal at best ,imo

Will Troopers advantageous position help them next month in indy in the Semi Finals ?. Nope. Will Madison's disadvantageous San Anton draw hurt them at Semi's in Indy next month ?. Nope. Will anybody not connected to either Madison or Troopers remember at this time next season where each performed in the draw in San Anton ? Yes, perhaps 5 people, tops .... So thats that that for some long term perspective on this. imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1