San Antonio Lineup

Keep in mind someone is not going to like the lineup because their corps got screwed with a bad marching slot.... But.... It really is done fairly over all. Each corps is placed in ranking groups of three and then randomly selected in one of those three time slots. For example, based off scoring Cavies, Phantom and Troop are 7-9 based off scores so when placed randomly in the time slots it was done fairly. Troop ended up drawing the 7 slot, Cavies and Phantom in the 8-9 slots. It won't matter... Judges do a great job and will be accurate. If a corps is deserving they'll place higher if not they won't. Let's enjoy a different landscape for a bit. Half the Alamodome attendees are late arriving because they come for the "finalist" corps- at the least this will give better opportunity for people to appreciate Academy, Colts and Troopers.

Says the guy who's fav corps prob got the best draw possible.

you do not get an accurate picture when combining scores from different shows.

Troopers, Colts, and Academy will not place ahead of Boston head to head.

edit: of course you can compare the scores, but the numbers don't tell you anything of value.

After San Antonio are you going to post about Colts, Troopers, and Academy all crashing and burning after a massive fall in placement?

Edited by soccerguy315

Troopers, Colts, and Academy will not place ahead of Boston head to head.

Maybe not, but if all that matters is your idea of how things should be, let's all save ourselves the trouble and money and cancel San Antonio. Apparently everything already should be decided.

Jeepers, people, let the kids play.

• Like 2

People ask for mixing it up. WELL YA GOT IT. lol

This is gonna be kinda fun if you ask me...............

I agree. I don't have the time to do so, but it would be pretty entertaining to track all the comments about "slotting" on the one hand and performance order on the other, and see who is contradicting themselves.

My question for people complaining about the San Antonio lineup: why not list the order you'd have the corps perform in, and explain your rationale?

• Like 2

It would be better if the schedule made a more even distribution of corps between Minneapolis and Denver, but I think the impact is being overblown

Yeah, we get kind of a wonky lineup next weekend, but that will sort itself out on the field. Besides, we could see some surprises come out of it. It all depends on how they perform.

What's the saying in baseball, "That's why they play the game"?

Maybe not, but if all that matters is your idea of how things should be, let's all save ourselves the trouble and money and cancel San Antonio. Apparently everything already should be decided.

Jeepers, people, let the kids play.

that's not all that matters. I'm very excited for this show.

I'm just saying it is disingenuous to use raw numbers from different shows to create standings.

This opinion was previously not rare on DCP, but perhaps after Saturday some people are changing their opinions due to how some numbers came down.

We will know a lot more on Tuesday.

• Like 1

It would be better if the schedule made a more even distribution of corps between Minneapolis and Denver, but I think the impact is being overblown

Yeah, we get kind of a wonky lineup next weekend, but that will sort itself out on the field. Besides, we could see some surprises come out of it. It all depends on how they perform.

What's the saying in baseball, "That's why they play the game"?

I don't think it's overblown... maybe someone can start a poll on what everyone thinks the spread between Troopers and Cavaliers will be at San Antonio.