What is South Korean pop music like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu_XJidrGLI

Edited by jasgre2000
  • Like 1

What is South Korean pop music like?

Lots of Autotuning, lypsynching and "hip hop style dancing" ala all those Boy Bands from the 90s.

Looks like I'm gonna have to rewind for Coats. :(

Don't worry, there will be 5 copies of it floating around the Internet by tonight. :)

Looks like I'm gonna have to rewind for Coats. :(

I'm beginning to think the same thing ... time to go watch The Bachelorette.

Blue Devils

I hadn't seen or heard this show at all before tonight. Read lots about it here, of course. What a delight! There does seem to be a bit of a story, and I'm not sure what it all means, but I don't really care. Wasn't sure what the ticking sound was at first, then realized it must be a typewriter. It would be nice if they actually had a real typewriter that was miked, rather than just a synthesizer; do they? The snares on the ladder contraptions at the top are cool. Are the corps members, who started lying in various odd poses on the ground, supposed to be waking up? Was I actually hearing BD's tubas? (How often does that happen?) The AbC and XYZ are cute. When the C in AbC dissolves, is BD playing in Ab?* A friend of mine grumbled about Meryl Streep being "Streepy" in her portrayal of the Into the Woods witch; note to BD guard member: don't be Streepy. The running corps members chasing the witch run in an impressively expressive manner; liked that a lot. I couldn't tell at first what the slipper was, but it may have been the fault of where the camera had been pointing me before. They're very good, but there are still plenty of flaws in alignment, whether it's props or feet. Would anyone know that the K-Pop section was in fact K-Pop if we weren't told? I certainly don't recognize the language. It's a fun little section, though I do wish it were sung live, and it may go on too long--and the synth carries too much weight after the vocals conclude. Overall, the field is pretty cluttered, certainly more so than Crown last year, about which so many people complained. The left side drill that moves to the left goalline and front sideline is very nice, not to mention the way the get out of the corner into which they've painted themselves. The brass slackens a bit in the last minute or so. But again, a wonderful show that certainly deserves to contend with Bluecoats, Crown, and Cadets for the top. (And maybe SCV, too, but I haven't seen their show yet.)

*Anybody else flash to Good Morning, Vietnam for a moment? "Excuse me, sir. Seeing as the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T., 'cause if it leaks to the V.C., he could end an M.I.A., and then we'd all be put on the K.P."