I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been looking forward to this event. After watching five corps trade the lead all season, we finally get to see all of them together in one show with a full panel of judges. Whatever our opinions about the "Tour of Champions" concept in the abstract, this show is going to be special. The weather, however, will be a problem for marchers and fans alike. There's a slight chance of thunderstorms, but that's not the issue. Instead, it's the heat, which is as oppressive as anything the corps will see all season. The numbers in the weather forecast don't capture what it's like here. Today the high was in the mid 90s, but the stultifying humidity brought the heat index well above 100. Unlike what some of us northerners are used to (I've come down from Michigan to see this show) it doesn't cool off much in the early evening. As I write this (exactly 24 hours before the start of the show) it is still around 90, and by 10:00 p.m. it might cool down as far as the low 80s. So if you are going to the show, bring lots of water. I don't know how well stocked the stadium concessions stands will be with bottled water, but personally I wouldn't rely on that. Don't underestimate how dangerous this sort of heat can be--stay safe tomorrow.

Schedule

Cavaliers: 7:40

Phantom Regiment: 7:57

Blue Devils: 8:14

Bluecoats: 8:38

Cadets: 9:05

Carolina Crown: 9:22

Vanguard: 9:39

Judges

General Effect 1: R. Kemp

General Effect 2: P Hinman

Visual Proficiency: J. Orefice

Visual Analysis: S. Sybilski

Color Guard: M. Czapinski

Brass: A. Lo

Music Analysis: S. Page

Percussion: J. Queen

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been looking forward to this event. After watching five corps trade the lead all season, we finally get to see all of them together in one show with a full panel of judges. Whatever our opinions about the "Tour of Champions" concept in the abstract, this show is going to be special. The weather, however, will be a problem for marchers and fans alike. There's a slight chance of thunderstorms, but that's not the issue. Instead, it's the heat, which is as oppressive as anything the corps will see all season. The numbers in the weather forecast don't capture what it's like here. Today the high was in the mid 90s, but the stultifying humidity brought the heat index well above 100. Unlike what some of us northerners are used to (I've come down from Michigan to see this show) it doesn't cool off much in the early evening. As I write this (exactly 24 hours before the start of the show) it is still around 90, and by 10:00 p.m. it might cool down as far as the low 80s. So if you are going to the show, bring lots of water. I don't know how well stocked the stadium concessions stands will be with bottled water, but personally I wouldn't rely on that. Don't underestimate how dangerous this sort of heat can be--stay safe tomorrow.

Schedule

Cavaliers: 7:40

Phantom Regiment: 7:57

Blue Devils: 8:14

Bluecoats: 8:38

Cadets: 9:05

Carolina Crown: 9:22

Vanguard: 9:39

Judges

General Effect 1: R. Kemp

General Effect 2: P Hinman

Visual Proficiency: J. Orefice

Visual Analysis: S. Sybilski

Color Guard: M. Czapinski

Brass: A. Lo

Music Analysis: S. Page

Percussion: J. Queen

Lol....

• Like 3

You can't have Warrensburg without War.

Otherwise, it would just be rensburg.

"War in Warrensburg" was just too obvious. :cool:

Imagine Bluecoats winning this show. Now that would be amazing!

• Like 2