Blue Balls.

I still can't believe that line is used in A Christmas Story.

I think SCV could beat Bloo tonight.

• Like 1

Interesting night here in this household. My wife was in one room streaming the international barbarshop chorus finals while I was out here in my studio streaming one of the best drum corps programs i have seen in years! Sometimes there is just too much good to fit into a single evening!!!! :tounge2:

• Like 2

I think SCV could beat Bloo tonight.

SCV's hornline needs to step it up if that is going to happen on a regular basis

Okay, Bluecoats, you are very good.

That being said, there is just too much electronic use. Speakers on the field, sampling horns... It's entertaining, but this was my worst nightmare when electronics became usable. This is completely detracting from the beautiful and powerful horn line they have fielded this year. This is just how I see/hear things.

Am I truly alone?

You don't seem to be entirely alone; others have expressed similar opinions.

However, I have been one of the staunchest advocates on these forums for all things live and acoustic, but when it works, it works. And in my opinion, the Bluecoats make it work like no one else.

Shows I Like: Bluecoats, BD, SCV

Shows I.. well, meh: Cadets, Crown (and that hurts to type), PR and Cavies

That's what I like right now. I don't care about scoring. I have played tag with most of this judging panel before. I think judges have preferences... based on their own experiences. I can honestly say that as a fan, the score and placement have never been a factor when watching the DVD's/Blu-Rays.

The great thing about ALL of these shows is that they still have a lot of room for improvement. (Cadets.... maybe not so much..... so clean!) Still time for a lot of changes, both big and small. It's amazing how much change there is from the first show to the last.

As far as just talent....... WOW!!! Amazing to see the talent on the field..... that goes for the other corps that weren't at this show also.

• Like 2

THIS JUST IN.......................

........5 WAY TIE !!!!!!!!!!

j/k

1. Cadets
  2. BD
  3. Bloo
  4. Crown- I'd personally put Crown 3rd
  5. SCV
  6. Phantom
  7. Cavies

Show some courage, man. I had Crown in second! :thumbup:

Their show is set in hel, therefore the overall show design is minimalist, unless the judges somehow thinks hel has a lot of props. :lle:

At least you and I get it. :cool:

• Like 1