Mustang, OK - 7/15

Strong perc mark for Troop tonight. But Colts 7th in brass? I'm dubious.

Heard from our son and Colts didn't have a great run tonight. Also, lots of injuries and illnesses going on in the corps, but they are pushing through as they always do. GO RED TEAM!!!!! We know you can do it!

• Like 1

Big shout out to BlueStainGlass for putting all my pics on here. Bravo :babies:

I'll go back and find it. I know I've read that. Let me know if you want me to go dig it up.

Well I don't remember hearing it either...but I'm sure you've read it...after all this IS dcp after all...LOL

• Like 2

I think it is pretty darn certain at this point BK has flown by Phantom. Honestly, I put Cavies and Phantom at about the same level, with different strengths and weaknesses, so I think BK should be well ahead of Cavies also. It's a break through year for BK, and good for them. Keep going and they could create an upset in this top 5 everyone is so certain is set.

I would LOVE to see an upset! ...not any slight on other corps btw...

GO BK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

I'll go back and find it. I know I've read that. Let me know if you want me to go dig it up.

You should understand that Phantom Regiment has topped BK 5 out of 6 times this season in early head to head competition ( Phantom's only loss to BK by a tenth ) and Phantom did finish ahead of BK last season. BK has not faced Cavs yet at all, and SCV has topped BK all 7 of the times the 2 have met up. So its not unusual for people to wait until the head to head matchups take place before they can gauge if this BK has been improving a lot since Phantom was beating BK out west last month.

But BK being 3- 4 point range of Cadets tonite for the first time in their head to head matchup, does get BK noticed by more fans for that spread for sure. So yes, I would say that BK looks to have really improved a lot since last month, and it would appear that the G7 Corps of Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment really will have their hands full when they meet up with the Blue Knights the rest of the way.

Edited by BRASSO

I would love to see BK and as many other possible corps start really pushing those G7 corps.

• Like 3

Man I'm excited for BK. Last year was unbelievable for them and the show was just breathtaking. This show and season is shaping up to be the same way. I really love the new style they're adapting and I'm super happy for them! Go BK!

• Like 1

You should understand that Phantom Regiment has topped BK 5 out of 6 times this season in early head to head competition ( Phantom's only loss to BK by a tenth ) and Phantom did finish ahead of BK last season. BK has not faced Cavs yet at all, and SCV has topped BK all 7 of the times the 2 have met up. So its not unusual for people to wait until the head to head matchups take place before they can gauge if this BK has been improving a lot since Phantom was beating BK out west last month.

But BK being 3- 4 point range of Cadets tonite for the first time in their head to head matchup, does get BK noticed by more fans for that spread for sure. So yes, I would say that BK looks to have really improved a lot since last month, and it would appear that the G7 Corps of Cavs, Phantom really will have their hands full when they meet up with BK the rest of the way.

First of all, I'm echoing that here:

We'll see when they go up against Cavaliers and Phantom again, but I'm pretty convinced Blue Knights are our 6th place corps as of now. I need to see the show again to be sure, but IMO they're for sure ahead of Phantom now and a very high chance they're ahead of Cavaliers.

And yeah, that was early on. When BK was still finishing their show, still cleaning, ect., and Phantom's is relatively unchanged now. That was time to see where you were at, now it's time to put up or shut up. The momentum for finals week starts now. Blue Knights could be ahead those two, be behind, they're peaking, or they have a lot of gas left in the tank. But their scores and progress have remained relatively unchanged in meeting up with these big time corps, IMO that's an indication they're coming to play. They're as close as .2 to the current leader in certain subcaptions, I don't think Phantom or Cavaliers can say the same, given there weren't a bunch of corps in between them and Cadets, but that's still beyond impressive right now.

We shall see, but I'd bet on Phantom being 6th place on Saturday, especially with that performance slot. Their time to make a move is right now.

Edited by DrumManTx