Mustang, OK - 7/15

Remember that BK put their closer on after the Cali shows they had with PR and Vanguard. So they haven't gone head to head with those two with a full show yet.

True... nobody has anything full in June Shows. Most Corps make significant changes even in the shows that are full. And DCI truns out halfazz panels in a lot of the early shows, with no Percussion Judge.. or no Brass Judge... or no Guard Judge. Some judges have historically been known to show up in attire to judge these early season shows in clothes that look like they rolled out of bed with them.

Any show competition before July 4th should be exhibitions.... and unscored.... as the scores and placements are meaningless with them, and most of them are wacked anyway because of the halfazz nature given to them by Corps, fans, and even DCI and its judging community itself.

Edited by BRASSO

Some judges have historically been known to show up in attire to judge these early season shows in clothes that look like they rolled out of bed with them.

Please, let's not go there again this year.

Please, let's not go there again this year.

lol!... ok.

You should understand that Phantom Regiment has topped BK 5 out of 6 times this season in early head to head competition ( Phantom's only loss to BK by a tenth ) and Phantom did finish ahead of BK last season. BK has not faced Cavs yet at all, and SCV has topped BK all 7 of the times the 2 have met up. So its not unusual for people to wait until the head to head matchups take place before they can gauge if this BK has been improving a lot since Phantom was beating BK out west last month.

But BK being 3- 4 point range of Cadets tonite for the first time in their head to head matchup, does get BK noticed by more fans for that spread for sure. So yes, I would say that BK looks to have really improved a lot since last month, and it would appear that the G7 Corps of Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment really will have their hands full when they meet up with the Blue Knights the rest of the way.

Yes- (here comes the But:) that's what she said)

BUT- that was all against Phantom who had a complete show against BK with only 2/3 of a show. Anytime an incomplete product is beating or close to you it's a danger/caution sign at the least.

Passed up? No... We'll see tonight. Ahead as of now? Yes

By the by... BK has never beaten the Cavies head to head. 3 corps they've never beaten- BD, Cadets and Cavies

• Like 1

Interesting scores last night! Great to see BK so close to Cadets as others have said. I'm also excited to see both PC and Mandarins close to the Colts. Throw in SOA and Oregon Crusaders and that pack is going to be exciting to watch unfold! I'm a huge fan of SOA but I'd love to see Mandarins surprise some folks this year. They are looking real good in Visual Prof. and Percussion!

• Like 1

Yes- (here comes the But:) that's what she said)

BUT- that was all against Phantom who had a complete show against BK with only 2/3 of a show. Anytime an incomplete product is beating or close to you it's a danger/caution sign at the least.

Passed up? No... We'll see tonight. Ahead as of now? Yes

By the by... BK has never beaten the Cavies head to head. 3 corps they've never beaten- BD, Cadets and Cavies

After seeing the Cavies rehearse yesterday I have no doubt BK will eventually pass them by a mile. I've always heard reports of more relaxed rehearsals but I have never seen anything like that.

(Also, does anyone know why they don't have water jugs and use plastic cups to get water from a cooler?)

(Also, does anyone know why they don't have water jugs and use plastic cups to get water from a cooler?)

To cut down on the spread of disease. Improperly cleaned water jugs in the high heat can be a great breeding ground for viruses and other bugs.

• Like 1

After seeing the Cavies rehearse yesterday I have no doubt BK will eventually pass them by a mile. I've always heard reports of more relaxed rehearsals but I have never seen anything like that.

Because the corps gets water and Gatorade along with a 10 minute break. For mental relaxation.

Kudos to the Knights in Blue.

Weather plagued Spring Training gave an excuse for the later starting visual program.

HOWEVER, the corps has obviously worked quite hard to get where they are.

Maintaining that ethic will bear results.

I think your BK has a GREAT chance to top Cavies for their first time ever, Wes.

No disrespect to the Cavaliers... but it would be great for the activity as a whole for BK to top the Cavaliers, imo.