Murfreesboro, TN: Tour of Champions (7/24/15)

THAT'S the "dramatic new ending? A scrim from a Regiment 90s show and the ladder from Cavaliers 1995? And - ohh - they formed a CROWN

Ok. They'll be in fifth at finals.

Too bad - the members are seriously outperforming the show they've been given

Also - don't have a 2 minute drum solo and cover up the climax with massive electronic goo

• Like 1

Cadets were on fire tonight. Looks like everyone is bringing it!

Not so sure about the Cadets tonite. They seemed a little flat tonite to me.... they had some not seen before spacing, cover issues tonite. But who knows... we'll see what the judges thought.

Crown seemed improved tonite to me over the last week.

• Like 1

11,000 plus announced

So I guess this is intermission, right?

Changing the last 20 seconds doesn't make up for the rough minute prior.

Completely agree. The transition into Ode to Joy (and Ode to Joy in general) just does not fit with the first 2/3 of the show. I know what they're trying to sell with certain elements of the show (including the green flags, which, regardless of intent, just does not go with the color palette and looks a bit offputting), but certain choices just don't jive. The ending certainly helps, but at the end of the day, they're still playing Ode to Joy.

I also don't think that was their best performance yet. There were rough attacks and releases ALL throughout the show. Seems like the drumline had their heads in the game, but not the brass...at least not for the full show.

I really want to like the WHOLE show, but I can only jump on board with the first 2/3.