Final Order range of Top 5

But how often is it this close, 1-4? Most of the time, the corps that won Atlanta won the title. The last time it was this close at the top was probably Spartacus, and we all know how that turned out.

How?

Quarterfinals

1. BD

2. Crown

3. Bluecoats

4. Cadets

Semifinals

1. BD

2. Crown

3. Bluecoats

4. Cadets

Finals

1. BD

2. Bluecoats

3. Crown

4. Cadets

• Like 1

Nope, if all perform at the same level, Cadets win. They have the most demand, by a lot!

Perhaps. Who knows for sure? I will say that Cadets brought, in my estimation, their finest performance of the year in Massillion. I was surprised they could only tie with Bloo - who was awesome too. To me, telling at Buffalo where Bloo has a major electronics meltdown - and still could muster only a .3 win over Bluecoats.

But, again, we'll all have to wait for Saturday to find out. This is why this may turn out to be the best season in drum corps history.

I'm too lazy to do the analysis, but the final scores are never as close as folks are predicting. At least I've never seen them that close. Why? Because the judges are requested to try to differentiate their caption. So Corps 1 would be 10 +10/2 = 10, Corps 2 would be 99+99/2 = 98.5, corps 3 98 + 98/2 = 97.5 per caption.

Yes it is possible if the captions are widely split across the top 3 or 4 but that hasn't historically happened either. Maybe this year with the top 4 being so tight it will, but I think the finals judges tend to not be as split as quarters and prelims.

I'm Thinking : Crown=1, BD=2, BC=3 and Cadets =4. Ranging from 98 or so down to 96.4