Theater versus Home Viewing Thursday

There was no asterisks at the beginning of the season when I paid $99. I remember because I specifically looked to see if all the Indy shows were included when I was deciding whether to pay the increased price this year. I sure hope they didn't change the terms after I paid for it.

Very interesting. Thanks for paying good attention, because I don't remember it at all, either way. Since there weren't a lot of options like in years past, I just took the $99 package since it offered everything I wanted to watch. It has been well worth the cost.

Well, since you've given me a glimmer of hope (I had already given up on Thurs nite drum corps watching), do we yet have a definitive answer on streaming for the $99 ticket holders?

Here's the announcement for those signing up for the full championship bundle.....it's quite clear....

"2015 DCI Live! World Championship Bundle - $79.95

3 days of World Championship events including the Prelims*, Semifinals and Finals

Bundle costs less than a value-priced ticket for each event!

*[/size]Prelims webcast includes only the first 25 competing corps prior to the start of the Big, Loud & Live cinema event in movie theaters nationwide"

It's quite clear for that package. If you bought the full-season package, that disclaimer was not present. Based on their language, I am hoping that I'll have a full prelims webcast (all corps, no commentary), but I'm fully expecting to have the feed cut off after the first 25 corps. At that time, I'll send an already-composed, harshly-worded email to DCI, which will probably never be answered.

Isn't it great we all have so much faith in this organization?

• Like 1

It's quite clear for that package. If you bought the full-season package, that disclaimer was not present. Based on their language, I am hoping that I'll have a full prelims webcast (all corps, no commentary), but I'm fully expecting to have the feed cut off after the first 25 corps. At that time, I'll send an already-composed, harshly-worded email to DCI, which will probably never be answered.

Isn't it great we all have so much faith in this organization?

Even if you sign in now, there's nothing about the Prelims broadcast that says anything about it ending early tomorrow. They certainly are not about communicating clearly what's on tomorrow. They should have labelled it "First 15 corps Prelims" if that's what it is.

I think it's safe to say that Brasso simply misunderstood what the people on the DCI line meant and that the information on the website is what is actually happening (only the last 25 corps will be broadcasted)

For clarification,. I didn't misunderstand anything when I called DCI earlier this week.

I called because I was curious if the the Live Feed Stream Subscription Service( Premium Version ) would have the same commentary ( Dennis, Rondo, etc ) as the Cinema show at Quarters. That was my question to them. The reply I got was " No, no commentary, but you will get more Corps starting earlier ". I had assumed that the Live Stream broadcast would not end at the 16th Corps. So I never asked them that question, so never got any info on that. It wasn't until this morning that someone on this thread mentioned that it appears from the DCI advertising press release at the time of the initial offer that the Live Stream will stop at 16 in the Quarters and then the Cinema Broadcast picks up with that 15th performance order Corps. So this was the first I became aware of it. I don't blame DCI for this oversight however, as it is right there in the small print with the asterisk. I didn't sign up for the service principally for the Quarters. I signed up for the service principally for the bundled element of seasonal shows that included Championships week AND Finals .So thats where we are tonite on this, anyway.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

The live-stream cutoff for before the theater-cast begins has been standard practice for several years now.

Agree, and that's why I'm not upset.

It's just with the radical changes between the now defunct Fan Network and the new stripped down DCI Live! I'm sure I don't yet know all the new policies and procedures. There was also a time when the live schedule specifically did NOT include finals, but now it does.

If I could have gotten the live feed I would have changed my Thur nite schedule, but right now it looks like Thursday night racquetball until 9pm as usual!

For the person that asked about the Awards Ceremony on Saturday night. DCI told me today that it would indeed be streamed for FREE via their YouTube channel.

I was also told that the ONLY way to see the final 15 corps was to be in the theater...or in LOS.

Thank you!

• Like 1

There was no asterisks at the beginning of the season when I paid $99. I remember because I specifically looked to see if all the Indy shows were included when I was deciding whether to pay the increased price this year. I sure hope they didn't change the terms after I paid for it.

Not sure when you bought your package....but I will say there was a asterisk on June 20th when I bought the $99 deal. I am 100% certain of that.

It's a shame that DCI took such a massive step back in providing a service to their international customers. No "on demand" no possibility to watch theatre show yet no top 15 in quarters.