Official DCI Prelims Thread 2015

And why is there a band on the field again? Get them over to BOA and let BOA have an international division. Come

On now.

LIKE!!

I think DCI needs to reconsider making today free for the DCI Live up until the theater broadcast. I'd love to know how many people are watching right now. The free exposure for the corps performing at this time would be great for these corps.

Sadly, I'm not in Indy this year, but for a happy reason (a wedding), but I have felt bad for the early corps who have so few people watching them. We forget that performing in Indy is as important on a personal level for every corps from Blue Saints to Blue Devils. Interesting, we begin with saints, end with devils, and find ourselves in hell before it's all over! I've sat in the stands from early in the.morning and the attendance is sparse at best. People miss a lot by missing these corps.

• Like 1

Okay so this is interesting... At the beginning of the season I purchased the webcast package that does not include championships. Whats funny is I am not able to watch them on my PC (the screen says my package doesn't include this content). But I can on my mobile devices.

Okay so this is interesting... At the beginning of the season I purchased the webcast package that does not include championships. Whats funny is I am not able to watch them on my PC (the screen says my package doesn't include this content). But I can on my mobile devices.

You may want to keep that on the down low

• Like 6

7th Regiment: Nice aggression throughout; some interesting forms and drill; always like the Matrix music and doppler effect. And flying cymbals! Love the extra bass drums feature near the end, and the heavy brass that comes in right on top.

Legends: Sound very, very clean.

Although they only have 48 brass and 20 guard, this Open Class corps moves-in and hits the road a little bit earlier than some World Class corps, and plays 21 shows before hitting Michigan City. This is probably a corps that could make the class jump and succeed.

Gold drops over 7 points from Open Class Finals to 60.525

River City Rhythm drops about 5, to 62.450

Music City only drops 1.5 points, to 69.625 (or did I hear them wrong?)

With the usual "comparing scores across shows" caution, Pioneer's last score was a 65.25. So, to beat Music City, Pio's score is going to have to go up significantly vs. their last performance on 8/2.

Cascades' last score was a 69.3.

You can already tell scores are going to be very interesting. With Music City already above Cascades latest score, this has me a bit concerned for them. I REALLY want them to make Semi-Finals. It will be very interesting to see how things work out.