Boston Crusaders 2016

So if BAC has a surge, with the backward movement now, will they have to "surge" into 12th? They need to stop losing ground...NOW! It seems what we are getting feedback on is: pit volume is amped up too much, muddying brass sound. Brass projection, thought to be so much louder this year, isn't. Restating windmills isn't helping. Overall no GE impact. So what's the scoop?

The GE scores seems to be the issue. What are the others doing that BAC is not and BAC is doing a lot out there? (Are they playing to much to the back of the field)? When we get a full panel, will this close the gap (GE scores) with the others? Do the props need to be space apart more in places and at the end, moving some of them to the back of the field and spread out the corps up front at the end? Pit volume amped to much. Do not know maybe placement of DCI mic's. sounded all right to me at BC live. (All had sound problems at the theater). Maybe a adjustment by all? Note: Vis and music caption seem to be close to the others in there current placements. Are the others doing what the Judges want to see? Or are some of the other shows just easier to judge at this point and time design wise? The Kids and staff and everyone else are working very hard. Hopefully all this hard work will pay off in the end.

The GE scores seems to be the issue. What are the others doing that BAC is not and BAC is doing a lot out there? (Are they playing to much to the back of the field)? When we get a full panel, will this close the gap (GE scores) with the others? Do the props need to be space apart more in places and at the end, moving some of them to the back of the field and spread out the corps up front at the end? Pit volume amped to much. Do not know maybe placement of DCI mic's. sounded all right to me at BC live. (All had sound problems at the theater). Maybe a adjustment by all? Note: Vis and music caption seem to be close to the others in there current placements. Are the others doing what the Judges want to see? Or are some of the other shows just easier to judge at this point and time design wise? The Kids and staff and everyone else are working very hard. Hopefully all this hard work will pay off in the end.

I don't think it's the marching or playing that's a problem. It comes down to design and the props seem to be big distractors. The judges could possibly just not get it (that's where I am) and relaying it into the sheets. I think they are in the same boat as Madison trying to stay with their roots while modernizing and that's what can be holding them back. Now it's been said several times that Boston is a late bloomer and we have 3 regional left so I wouldn't start the dumpster fires yet. Tomorrow is a really important day.

I don't think it's the marching or playing that's a problem. It comes down to design and the props seem to be big distractors. The judges could possibly just not get it (that's where I am) and relaying it into the sheets. I think they are in the same boat as Madison trying to stay with their roots while modernizing and that's what can be holding them back. Now it's been said several times that Boston is a late bloomer and we have 3 regional left so I wouldn't start the dumpster fires yet. Tomorrow is a really important day.

Example look at BD props they are big as well and cover up more. But they are placed in the back most of the time. Just saying.

I hope Jim Cronin waited until all the kids got their's, ha, ha.

Oh boy!

Watch out now!

Contrabass players = size matters.

Seriously Jim C. / Chris H. are good rep's for the BAC. It was a pleasure to march with them.

Here's to the corps having a productive weekend!

• Like 1

Flow is most certainly a large concern. The show has some dead air. But also, in my opinion, I believe they do not play or move as well as they have the last few years. I don't know if there was a transition of teaching staff, but they are not as fluid as I remember them being.

Flow is most certainly a large concern. The show has some dead air. But also, in my opinion, I believe they do not play or move as well as they have the last few years. I don't know if there was a transition of teaching staff, but they are not as fluid as I remember them being.

I have the same feeling watching what I can via video's.

I listened to the show without watching the show. I had this overwhelming feeling like they did not play enough melody - nor did they ever really let it lose! Now with respect to the drill. I don't think the drill is as good as years past - design not the members. Just my opinion.

No mater what Eatem-up BAC.