Boston Crusaders 2016

. Also by the way I get paind and pretty darn good for my objectivity, just sayin.

Sorry to hear of your pain, Guardling. Perhaps try a little less of that wonderful " objectivity " you are telling us that you possess over the rest of us, and hopefully, that pain will quickly go away for you. ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

And..at the very least they could use them to generate the power needed to run the electronics, in a spirit of conserving energy. :tounge2:

if the Boston Crusaders can promise to cut my expensive utility bill in half, they can ship the extra ones to me. I'll stick'em out back and let the blades rotate 24-7, to light up everything I got in the house.

• Like 1

if the Boston Crusaders can promise to cut my expensive utility bill in half, they can ship the extra ones to me. I'll stick'em out back and let the blades rotate 24-7, to light up everything I got in the house.

if I were feeling nasty I might post "Windmills for a windbag", but I'm not feeling nasty today.

if I were feeling nasty I might post "Windmills for a windbag", but I'm not feeling nasty today.

How ' bout tomorrow, though ? Should we be concerned then ? ( lol!)

Sorry to hear of your pain, Guardling. Perhaps try a little less of that wonderful " objectivity " you are telling us that you possess over the rest of us, and hopefully, that pain will quickly go away for you. ( haha!)

Not telling " Us" just you Dan..take your meds

Must be difficult to feed that green eyes monster since the 70s..lol

back to Boston instead of stealing threads

Those props were probably not cheap to build.

This is now the 2nd time you have brought up the poster, emc2 in the last hour. If you have a problem with his lack of " objectivity ", why not take it up with HIM ? He has nothing to do with any of my remarks, nor what has been said today by anyone( with your comment that " he may not have a lot of objectivity " .) I gave my opinion, my assessment on a posters remark. He has not told us if he is as" offended" as YOU seem to be with my reply, so just what is YOUR skin in the game on this ? Or are you just out here today to tell us that EMC2 is not your particular cup of " objectivity", and if we DCP'ers did not get that from you the first time you said it, that you would see fit to bring it up again, and TWICE on the Boston Crusaders thread, and within the same sunrise no less.. If my reply above to the poster, bothers you more than my short reply to him bothers him ( with my thanking him, no less ) then you should probably just learn to relax today, as you are m

you are right your reply shouldnt mean a thing to them or me

I feel like I saw a bunch of staging adjustments in the middle portion of the show on the cast last night. REALLY dirty, and I suspect we won't see a ton of cleaning if they change even more as indicated for this weekend, but it's for the better IMO. I think the biggest thing is to get those things off the front sideline at the end of the show, and start cleaning like hell.

And bring the energy, that's the biggest thing between them and Crossmen for me right now. Crossmen are VERY high octane performance wise right now, and Boston seems incredibly dull after them, not because of the show (to me), but because it feels like they are being held on a leash when the show wants to unleash as we saw last year, that changed by the end.

That turn around at the end of the show can be HUGE, and I hope it is soon. I want to jump out of my seat there, but I am not yet.

I love a good come back story, and they set themselves up for one. I hope they pull it off. I think the hill is pretty hard to climb from here on out, but with the kinds of kids that do drum corps, it can be done.

I haven't counted Boston out yet, even though it seems like it is happening in droves with each show.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Not telling " Us" just you Dan..take your meds

Must be difficult to feed that green eyes monster since the 70s..lol

You were doing so good of late too, Guardling. Now, nobody knows what the hell " difficult to feed the green eyes monster since the 70's" jibberish from you even means.. or even what it has to do with the 2016 Boston Crusaders. . Take a break for yourself, Guardling. emc2 ( that YOU brought up today in criticism ) makes way more sense than you do now ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO

Welcome back to DCP! :bigsmile:

Just a few other thoughts...

While I do not necessarily agree with all of your assessment of Boston's show it is your opinion to give and do believe it has some merit. Obviously, if there weren't some flaws then it would not be necessary to do a bunch of rewrites...and since you've pointed out the show has apparent flaws...I'd welcome your suggestions for to help them improve the show...perhaps it might be something the designers overlooked...maybe they are already aware...maybe not...

For myself personally...as an alum and strong advocate/supporter of BAC...I try and make an effort to read as to what was the spirit of the intent when a poster writes about a certain corps before I give a knee jerk response...I can't tell you the number of times I've written a response to my own perceived apparent injustice...only to delete it before it ever reaches public consumption...not that I'm scared to get a negative reaction...I just try and remember to myself that 'kindness begins with me'...

Boston supporters are very passionate of the corps...so when you come into their house....you really need to expect a bit of resistance especially when the post has a negative tone to it...not all of us here will bite...

You are quite right Lia BUT it always just seems that its ok to go in others homes as you said and, re-write , offer opinions on everything from design to uniform to musical selection to a darn sock color and because they are some of the strongest year after year it's ok for some BUT return the opinions for some and it's blasphemy . Some threads no opinion, good or bad is welcomed, I have had the pleasure of working with Boston as well as some others and this year spreading it around so to speak in a new role I have taken on. I usually keep opinions on a specific corps general as possible for many reasons but I do know many won't post in certain threads or talk much about certain corps for this very reason. A poster a while back mentioned a few corps and why there was no action on the boards except maybe for a few of the same ole same ole. Well, there might be a connection to responses . Just sayin

I've respected YOUR posts and comments though. Thanks

PS: Good Luck Boston,and to my Dear Friend Brian M. God love ya! TTYsoon

Edited by GUARDLING