Boston Crusaders 2016

I don't think the drill is the biggest problem for Boston. Obviously I'm just giving my opinion and have no clue what judges are saying. But to me, the pacing of the show is the worst part. Either it developed too fast or two slow. I either lose interest or want more. Looking at drill in a vacuum, I like most of it and enjoy all the windmills. If they change a bunch of drill it will only put a bandaid on the bigger issues... In my opinion.

You're opinion is appreciated, while fully understanding that you may not be entirely objective here on this Boston Crusaders thread, as you marched the Crossmen, and are an alum there. But thanks for visiting and sharing your opinion here, since joining DCP on July 7th.

Edited by BRASSO

The music just doesn't seem Boston to me. They march and play well but now a days I think it's more concept/design rather than marching and playing. I have no problem with the drill (besides the amount of windmills which is being reduced) and expect them to make the adjustments before San Antonio that will put them in the direction of staying in finals.

Edited by BlueStainGlass

You're opinion is appreciated, while fully understanding that you may not be entirely objective here on this Boston Crusaders thread, as you marched the Crossmen, and are an alum there. But thanks for visiting and sharing your opinion here, since joining DCP on July 7th.

Just like others who never marched or those who never marched in Cadets, BD, Crown when visiting their threads? I think the same could be said of those who even marched in the corps when visiting their corps threads . Objectivity can be lost either way, or not. You have it or you don't.

Does anyone really think EMC has any objectivity?..lol...bless his heart. Maybe you're right, a poster new or not will show their bias or " objectivity sooner or later. At least his or her observation wasn't said in any negative or rude way. Thankfully..lol

Edited by GUARDLING

But thanks for visiting and sharing your opinion here, since joining DCP on July 7th.

Mr. Brasso. Have you seen the number of new members here?

Why it has to be mentioned as part of your reply is kind of strange.

Edited by Fish
  • Like 2

Just like others who never marched or those who never marched in Cadets, BD, Crown when visiting their threads? I think the same could be said of those who even marched in the corps when visiting their corps threads . Objectivity can be lost either way, or not. You have it or you don't.

Does anyone really think EMC has any objectivity?..lol...bless his heart. Maybe you're right, a poster new or not will show their bias or " objectivity sooner or later. At least his or her observation wasn't said in any negative or rude way. Thankfully..lol

Relax, Guardling.. and you'll be just fine. I thanked the new poster that marched Crossmen for sharing his opinion on the Boston Crusaders thread ( since he signed up for DCP on July 7th ) Your comment here that " you either have objectivity or you don't ", is not really accurate either when it comes to music, performing arts, imo.. You don't have " objectivity " ( neither do I ) when it comes to music, the arts . But thanks for sharing your thoughts today that you believe that " you either have objectivity, or you don't ", and allowing me to reply to that, and pointing out where someones biases might be. Hey, he's new. Less than week on here.. less than 8 posts total. He might eventually turn out to be a better supporter of the Boston Crusaders than you have ever been in time too. So its all good today, Guardling.

Edited by BRASSO

. When it comes to your statement here that " when it comes to objectivity, you either have it or your don't ", is really inaccurate, imo . You don't possess " objectivity ". I don't possess " objectivity ". The Crossmen poster here on this Crusaders thread does not have " objectivity ". None of us do here on DCP, when it comes to what we like, don't like in music, drill, etc. Its all of a personal nature.. a bias, if you will. The fact that I mentioned this bias on a Boston Crusaders thread should be of no surprise.. but it apparently was. When I go onto another thread, we all bring our preferences, biases, for things there too. If I am reminded of my preferences and biases there, perhaps it will be you that tells me that on that thread too. I just reminded you of your " biases " and lack of " objectivity " too, so thanks for allowing me to remind you of it, too.

I think you are giving your personal opinion and can't give it of others unless they express an extreme , say like EMC here who is obviously very loyal and dedicated and by observation many not have alot of objectivity. One here can very much have objectivity. Many here can make a statement in their opinion and could care less of an outcome or what a corps does. Sure we can have likes or dislikes but that doesnt say a person can't be objective.

Maybe you have a point but being a snip doesnt help your point.

You going to answer the poster above or did you reserve your charm just for me..lol...

Many former Cadets and BD members which I have seen online some are pretty objective on their threads, so I do think your theory must be judged only by individuals not painted with a very broad brush

Edited by GUARDLING

Relax, Guardling.. and you'll be just fine. I thanked the new poster that marched Crossmen for sharing his opinion on the Boston Crusaders thread ( since he signed up on July 7th ) Your comment here that " you either have objectivity or you don't ", is not really accurate either when it comes to music, performing arts, imo.. You don't have " objectivity " ( neither do I ) when it comes to music, the arts But thanks for sharing your thoughts today that you believe that " you either have objectivity, or you don't ", and allowing me to reply to that, and pointing out where someones biases might be.

Your thank you to the new poster was quite transparent. I think the other poster saw threw that also. Not necessary Brasso. You certainly can point out your opinion on bias or objectivity and so can I or others but it doesnt mean it pertains to everyone. Just a thought. I think the poster Daave also makes a good point. Also by the way I get paind and pretty darn good for my objectivity, just sayin.

Lets move on before thread has pages of nothing to do with BC

Now with that said , back to Boston. I love the props, so well done HUGE! but it might be a good idea with cutting down the amount of them as said by another poster. Either way, that can be an easy fix if it works for them

Edited by GUARDLING

Jeez... You have no idea who I am, when I marched Crossmen, or what my previous experience is with DCP, despite the new username. I was simply responding with my opinion to the guys who were talking about how BAC is learning new drill. It's attitudes like that which pushed me away from DCP years ago. I guess somethings don't change.

• Like 1