Boston Crusaders 2016

Now with that said , back to Boston. I love the props, so well done HUGE! but it might be a good idea with cutting down the amount of them as said by another poster. Either way, that can be an easy fix if it works for them

Hmmm...maybe they could stage the "unused ones" backfield to frame the show.

And..at the very least they could use them to generate the power needed to run the electronics, in a spirit of conserving energy. :tounge2:

• Like 1

Hmmm...maybe they could stage the "unused ones" backfield to frame the show.

And..at the very least they could use them to generate the power needed to run the electronics, in a spirit of conserving energy. :tounge2:

Those props were probably not cheap to build.

• Like 1

Those props were probably not cheap to build.

Yes, I agree. That is one reason I wondered if they could be used to frame the field if they don't want to move them all around the field. With all that work and cost, I'd hate to see them removed totally.

(The other comment was for comedy value, or at least supposed to be comedy) :tounge2:

• Like 1

I love the design of the windmills, it's truly genius, but don't like their constant staging in the middle of the field and formations. Too much of one idea. They need a middle segment that isn't heavy wind mills, and the closer needs to focus on the corps and not the props. I would stage the windmills in a large semi circle around the back of the field, putting the corps on a company front at the end.

Edited by MikeRapp

Mr. Brasso. Have you seen the number of new members here?

Why it has to be mentioned as part of your reply is kind of strange.

strange comments is nothing new on DCP ( lol!)

One of the challenges regarding the props' placement hasn't been brought up yet. Has anyone noticed that BAC has NO guard equipment on the field? Every single flag (5 sets), rifle, and sabre are stored in the back of the props in a specific way....which is why you don't see any flags or weapons strewn around the field. Moving the props (and certainly changing the number of them) impacts more than just the aesthetics. Combined with the substantial drill changes now under way, the design team and visual people are burning the midnight oil to make this work. I have complete faith in this team to get it done.

• Like 2

Don't let the "old-timer's club" attitude get to you,

Its " strange " to think that there is a monolithic " old timers club " attitude on here on DCP.... any more than if someone said that there is a monolitic " new timers club " attitude here on DCP... or a " women's club " attitude here on DCP, or a " young guys club " attitude on DCP, etc. Get over yourself Cappy. You are better than this than to to engage in such a silly caricature. Some of the best and worst posters on DCP can be found in equal measure among both the DCP vets as well as the newer posters. I'm sure my harmless remarks to him, won't have him scurrying to the nearest exit in tears.( haha!). He'll be fine, you'll see.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Its " strange " to think that there is a monolithic " old timers club " attitude on here on DCP.... any more than if someone said that there is a monolitic " new timers club " attitude here on DCP... or a " women's club " attitude here on DCP, or a " young guys club " attitude on DCP, etc. Get over yourself Cappy. You are better than this than to to engage in such a silly caricature. Some of the best and worst posters on DCP can be found in equal measure among both the DCP vets as well as the newer posters. I'm sure my harmless remarks to him, won't have him scurrying to the nearest exit in tears.( haha!). He'll be fine, you'll see.

Why throw stones if you can't take a few yourself? The point is that DCP is often scoffed at outside of this forum and that attitude of "oh what do you know, you only joined DCP a few days ago!" is part of the reason why that reputation is given. I welcome new posters. Questioning them just because of their age or join date (or my favorite: "have you even marched??") is unwarranted.

That's all I have to say about it.

• Like 1

Yes, I've been a DCPer for a while. I stopped coming on a few years ago cause I got tired of the inability to express an opinion without getting flamed for it. I'm just looking for conversation without all the instant argument.

Anyways, I got the urge to come back and was not able to revive my old account, so I started a new, similar one. I am not posting under two different usernames.

Welcome back to DCP! :bigsmile:

Just a few other thoughts...

While I do not necessarily agree with all of your assessment of Boston's show it is your opinion to give and do believe it has some merit. Obviously, if there weren't some flaws then it would not be necessary to do a bunch of rewrites...and since you've pointed out the show has apparent flaws...I'd welcome your suggestions for to help them improve the show...perhaps it might be something the designers overlooked...maybe they are already aware...maybe not...

For myself personally...as an alum and strong advocate/supporter of BAC...I try and make an effort to read as to what was the spirit of the intent when a poster writes about a certain corps before I give a knee jerk response...I can't tell you the number of times I've written a response to my own perceived apparent injustice...only to delete it before it ever reaches public consumption...not that I'm scared to get a negative reaction...I just try and remember to myself that 'kindness begins with me'...

Boston supporters are very passionate of the corps...so when you come into their house....you really need to expect a bit of resistance especially when the post has a negative tone to it...not all of us here will bite...

• Like 1

I think you are giving your personal opinion and can't give it of others unless they express an extreme , say like EMC here who is obviously very loyal and dedicated and by observation many not have alot of objectivity. One here can very much have objectivity. Many here can make a statement in their opinion and could care less of an outcome or what a corps does. Sure we can have likes or dislikes but that doesnt say a person can't be objective.

Maybe you have a point but being a snip doesnt help your point.

You going to answer the poster above or did you reserve your charm just for me..lol...

Many former Cadets and BD members which I have seen online some are pretty objective on their threads, so I do think your theory must be judged only by individuals not painted with a very broad brush

This is now the 2nd time you have brought up the poster, emc2 in the last hour. If you have a problem with his lack of " objectivity ", why not take it up with HIM ? He has nothing to do with any of my remarks, nor what has been said today by anyone( with your comment that " he may not have a lot of objectivity " .) I gave my opinion, my assessment on a posters remark. He has not told us if he is as" offended" as YOU seem to be with my reply, so just what is YOUR skin in the game on this ? Or are you just out here today to tell us that EMC2 is not your particular cup of " objectivity", and if we DCP'ers did not get that from you the first time you said it, that you would see fit to bring it up again, and TWICE on the Boston Crusaders thread, and within the same sunrise no less.. If my reply above to the poster, bothers you more than my short reply to him bothers him ( with my thanking him, no less ) then you should probably just learn to relax today, as you are making a mountain out of a molehill regarding my reply to him above. ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO