Carolina Crown 2016

Why do you bring your cynicism to this thread? If you have nothing good to say, why say it at all?

I forgot that the Crown thread was supposed to be a utopia

• Like 2

Crown's move-in site is about an hour from where I live, so I've been heading over that way after work to catch ensemble rehearsals. I've been there four or five times since move-ins started.

The show, from what I've seen and heard, has a western theme with a large array of music to incorporate into the theme of a wagon that won't be stopped. It's pretty cool. Seems like the hardest design aspect of the show (in terms of coordination) is working drill around the various props they have at certain points in the show, as well as making sure the wagon is where it's supposed to be.

Brass sounds very good. The alto-tenor heavy line we've all grown accustomed to. Still some aspects of the book that they don't quite seem to have under control yet with drill, but that's to be expected for anyone. It sounds like a very complicated score, and by and large, they are doing a fantastic job.

Drumline has some work to do. The book is pretty nuts, so I reckon there will be changes. Considering the difficulty of the book and where they're at in terms of time right now, I think they're on the right track. Everyone is able to get their hands going the right way, there are just so many different tempo changes during very tough parts in the book that it sheerly becomes a matter of timing. As with anyone, there will be areas that are watered down, but even after that, this is still going to be one of the densest books in DCI this year.

Have only seen glimpses of the guard, and even if I had seen them for extended periods, I'm no guard dude. Most of what they've been doing on the nights I go there is working on where they're going to be, and how to work with the props. Timing and performance stuff.

Drill looks good. They've added in a TON of body early on to the point where it almost seems like they're going to be focussing on the body as much as the drill. The drill I've seen is manageable but difficult. I'm sure they're going to be preaching cover points all season. The body they've put in is pretty fantastic and is going to add to the show a great deal. It's extremely well-choreographed, and once everyone gets it down pat, it's going to be pretty special.

Overall, pretty promising start for them. I'm not TOTALLY sold on the show concept yet, but I've only seen segments, so that's an evolving opinion. The music is exciting, and the drill/body is fascinating. Brass should be a contender, and percussion is getting there.

• Like 2

-

Emotional day today at Crown. 2 members lost friends in the terrorist attack in Orlando. Prayers all around.

Let's not give it all away or anything... :tounge2::augen51:

Crown's move-in site is about an hour from where I live, so I've been heading over that way after work to catch ensemble rehearsals. I've been there four or five times since move-ins started.

The show, from what I've seen and heard, has a western theme with a large array of music to incorporate into the theme of a wagon that won't be stopped. It's pretty cool. Seems like the hardest design aspect of the show (in terms of coordination) is working drill around the various props they have at certain points in the show, as well as making sure the wagon is where it's supposed to be.

Brass sounds very good. The alto-tenor heavy line we've all grown accustomed to. Still some aspects of the book that they don't quite seem to have under control yet with drill, but that's to be expected for anyone. It sounds like a very complicated score, and by and large, they are doing a fantastic job.

Drumline has some work to do. The book is pretty nuts, so I reckon there will be changes. Considering the difficulty of the book and where they're at in terms of time right now, I think they're on the right track. Everyone is able to get their hands going the right way, there are just so many different tempo changes during very tough parts in the book that it sheerly becomes a matter of timing. As with anyone, there will be areas that are watered down, but even after that, this is still going to be one of the densest books in DCI this year.

Have only seen glimpses of the guard, and even if I had seen them for extended periods, I'm no guard dude. Most of what they've been doing on the nights I go there is working on where they're going to be, and how to work with the props. Timing and performance stuff.

Drill looks good. They've added in a TON of body early on to the point where it almost seems like they're going to be focussing on the body as much as the drill. The drill I've seen is manageable but difficult. I'm sure they're going to be preaching cover points all season. The body they've put in is pretty fantastic and is going to add to the show a great deal. It's extremely well-choreographed, and once everyone gets it down pat, it's going to be pretty special.

Overall, pretty promising start for them. I'm not TOTALLY sold on the show concept yet, but I've only seen segments, so that's an evolving opinion. The music is exciting, and the drill/body is fascinating. Brass should be a contender, and percussion is getting there.

Edited by Newseditor44

Why do you bring your cynicism to this thread? If you have nothing good to say, why say it at all?

Hence the pretentious comment. You demonstrate it perfectly.

• Like 2