Carolina Crown 2016

I was really hoping for Roxanne to be a group of Trombones, but she made it sound like there were 3 more! She absolutely KILLED that solo! I could listen to that solo all day, in fact, I just might tomorrow!

Carolina Crown is like a jet-fueled version of Phantom Regiment past. They are going to play their butts off. That guard is going to be ridiculous. But programmatically, it will be bando as hell and rarely give them the vehicle to succeed compared to the type of membership and music that goes into and comes out of the group.

Really popcorn, marching band, troopers, type stuff. Won't win.

If they can hash out the programming side of things, this crown team will be a dynasty. The fact that they are killin' it with the programming they do have, is a testament to just how many INCREDIBLE things are going on there.

• Like 2

2000Cadet that is impossible to know right now lol. They are great for the beginning of tour.

Couple of observations. I feel the design starts really strong through the first half of Roxanne. At that point it seems to lose some effect for me. That will of course evolve over the season. Last year the closer was a skeleton at this point.

Guard is amazing and a definite strong point. Brass very good, not their best to me, and I really can't judge percussion, but seems more integrated this year.

Should be a great season. From what I have seen from BD, Crown, and Cadets. Right now I would order them 1. Crown 2. BD 3. Cadets with the disclaimer that I think Cadets have tons of room to grow and great effect this year compared to last.

BD looked like last years show template attached to a new theme. Hey, if it ain't broke.....

2000Cadet that is impossible to know right now lol. They are great for the beginning of tour.

Couple of observations. I feel the design starts really strong through the first half of Roxanne. At that point it seems to lose some effect for me. That will of course evolve over the season. Last year the closer was a skeleton at this point.

Guard is amazing and a definite strong point. Brass very good, not their best to me, and I really can't judge percussion, but seems more integrated this year.

Should be a great season. From what I have seen from BD, Crown, and Cadets. Right now I would order them 1. Crown 2. BD 3. Cadets with the disclaimer that I think Cadets have tons of room to grow and great effect this year compared to last.

BD looked like last years show template attached to a new theme. Hey, if it ain't broke.....

It's a long season.

Umm yes well I know this better than anyone lol....

But from what I've seen so far, I'm gonna be throwing myself at them instead of babies.

• Like 1

Yeah super bando. Let me guess, every corps you don't like is super bando? A western vengeance story is really bando but statues coming to life is a super deep, dark story that should be in an art museum for centuries to come. Give it a rest, it's drum corps and Crown typically has the crowd favorite. That sounds like pretty great programming to me.

• Like 1

Yeah super bando. Let me guess, every corps you don't like is super bando? A western vengeance story is really bando but statues coming to life is a super deep, dark story that should be in an art museum for centuries to come. Give it a rest, it's drum corps and Crown typically has the crowd favorite. That sounds like pretty great programming to me.

I have no idea to whom you're replying but minimizing one corps show theme to elevate another's isn't really making an effective argument for why you like Crown better than Cadets.

I have no idea to whom you're replying but minimizing one corps show theme to elevate another's isn't really making an effective argument for why you like Crown better than Cadets.

Me.

I just think the programming is the equivalent of a white girl at starbucks wearing uggs. It feeds this beast that creates every stereotype about the activity. But, we've shown time and time again that I'm a bit obtuse and a big BD honk when it comes to programming, anyway.