Carolina Crown 2016

Really loved it! I'm not sure how I feel about the ballad though....course I felt the same about 2015's ballad and it evolved into a monster by finals, it was the highlight of finals night...So I'm not really worried. The audio quality wasn't that great for the preview show video and they sounded amazing, can't even imagine what it'll sound like in person.

This is definitely where I am on the show. I wasn't really getting into the program, I just didn't feel that emotional connection that one can get. Objectively it's fantastic performance, and they really show off what they can do technically but I don't feel they do it as musically as they could be (I have the same complaints about Cadets program too). I will say I like it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I did last years show when I saw that in Akron.

I pretty much agree. Amazing performance but parts, especially the middle section, are difficult to listen to. So much so, I found it mildly annoying at times. Maybe the judges will love it, but I can't see this as a fan favorite like last year. Hope they make changes as the season goes along.

1. Solid captions. Guard is delicious.

2. Beginning of show very cool. Love the wagon. Prop of the year!

3. Not understanding the "tango" part of the show and how it fits.

4. It is kind of standard Crown with a western flair but the show depth is questionable. Need to watch a few times. If we are just going after the "relentless-watch what we can do thing", Cadets fell very short last year following that path and that was with a brass and percussion that almost maxed out.

5. It will kick ### in June! That's for sure.

6. FWIW, I thought Crown 2015 was s B rated show last year early season and it was magical end of season so...

Edited by Tobias

There ARE tumbleweeds. Look for them at the beginning!

I like when a show gives you hints and then allows the audience to make the connections. I don't like when something is shoved in my face and I'm clobbered over the head with it, and I don't like when something is so esoteric but I can't figure it out

This show has a story and it's relatable and understandable and beautiful

• Like 2

drums still a mess.

use of the wagon is sort of lame as it creeps from one end zone to the other. hopefully they will figure out what to do with it. being that they are required by Cesario to field props, it seems that don't know what to do with it. Props being required is stupid.

Edited by war eagle
  • Like 1

Very encouraging the premier was so widely held high via video. But to truly experience the excellence of this show, you will be floored by seeing live and in person. I am not surprised by how incredible they are so early. Crown has been on point since the first camp of the 2016 season. This show is a gem!