Carolina Crown 2016

I'm making a wild guess here, but I'm supposing a lot of folks on this thread won't be thrilled with the new Ben-Hur movie and rumored changes.

The entire ballad is the struggle. Hallelujah is mercy. The trio stuff from the good the bad and the ugly is the anger and wrath. You even see him watching a "flashback" sequence of the opening murder over and over you can really feel the anger building in the production. So to me this is the conflict and the contrast is clear. To be or not to be? To kill or not to kill? Mercy or revenge? A nod to hamlet for sure.

Yes! You've got it. That is exactly correct!!!!

• Like 1

How about they not kill him, they just hit high gear in Helen and they drag him behind her? That way nobody kills nobody! Helen does! No gun violence, and he still is served vengence! Win/win right? RIGHT?! Lmao.

Edited by UKSuperman
  • Like 1

Part of this discussion should include how you percieve drum corps. Is it an art form meant to stimulate thought/emotions on a subject or more entertainment? Bluecoats are entertaining to watch but crowns while also entertaining goes a bit further. I think your view on this changes your perspective on how you view the ending. There is no right or wrong answer. FYI. I like both shows the same and have been back and forth about which I like better all season.

• Like 2

How about they not kill him, they just hit high gear in Helen and they drag him behind her? No gun violence, and he still is served vengence! Win/win right? RIGHT?! Lmao.

I would fly to Indy to see this.

HELEN GONE WILD!

In 2017 they can follow the horrors of a murderous stagecoach ala the style of the 1980s Steven Spielburg horror movie "Duel".

Full theme explanation on the Bloo thread.

Are you going with post #793

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/163214-bloooooooooooo-bluecoats-official-2016-thread/?p=3533757

...or post #1270?

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/163214-bloooooooooooo-bluecoats-official-2016-thread/?p=3570866

ETA: (sorry for the thread hijack)

Edited by Precious Roy

I would fly to Indy to see this.

HELEN GONE WILD!

In 2017 they can follow the horrors of a murderous stagecoach ala the style of the 1980s Steven Spielburg horror movie "Duel".

I was thinking along the lines of Maximum Overdrive. XD

• Like 1