Carolina Crown 2016

You read, you decide what is best for you. We will all respect your decision.

I think part of parents' angst comes from their desire for their kids to win. And part of their angst is realizing that the kids' winning is now completely dependent on show design, especially at the end of the season when technical scores are nearly on par with each other. It's out of the kids' hands. The final placement is completely dependent on the depth of concept. I relish posts like these. This is where the realization sets in for parents and for marching members - - their winning, their achievement is dependent on the content and theme of the show. What does the show mean? What is the relevancy to our lives? What is the thematic argument? The kids are at near perfection, and the focus now shifts to the material itself. Delicious.

--Marching members need to be more involved in the selection of content and theme.

--Marching members need to be more involved in the devlopment and application of theme.

--Marching members need to be more involved in judges' critiques.

Edited by Channel3

The lead character is relentless in his evolving beyond the violence which killed his father.

The show should've been entitled, "above and beyond." oh.... Wait

Predictable, yes. Simple-minded, no. And isn't the whole show an inner battle? The boy is trying to avenge his father's murder. I'm am for sure that both endings recieved standing ovations. Some like the old, some like the new. I like the old because it is a cup of tea.

That's an external battle-- he's looking for the killer. His inner battle is that he knows he's got to do more to stop the cycle of violence even though he wants to avenge his father's murder.

Edited by Channel3

I don't intend to be mean Mom4, but it is incredibly naive of you to think that only parents and Crown fans go to an on-line discussion board to only give support to Crown's show. There are millions of views and hundreds of thousands of posts, aka opinions. There are over 3,000 posts for this Crown thread alone. There is a wide variety of people who post on-line for a wide variety of reasons. People who have such great passion for this activity rarely agree on everything. You would have noticed this with even a cursory reading of any of the topics listed.

If these posts offend you, don't read them. You have 100% control of what you put in front of your eyes. We are all influenced by what we choose to expose ourselves to.

This is honest advice, not mean advice, and I am not mad at you. I assure you there are people who are very involved with drum corps, including staff, parents and marching members who don't waste their time reading strangers' opinions on a discussion board. There is nothing wrong with that.

I bet there is a Crown support group, maybe a private chat place where Crown parents can go and not be exposed to the negativity of a general discussion board. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but maybe you would be more comfortable there. You should read and post according to your comfort level.

You read, you decide what is best for you. We will all respect your decision.

Thank you for your input.. I was just asking a honest question since I am new to this message board this year.. Of course I did not think that this entire fourm is going to be raving about Crown..I am also aware that I can choose what I want to read and this is exactly why I only visited the Crown thread.. By doing so, I did however expect to see discussions and opinions discussed in a mature and positive way without rudeness, sarcasm, and bashing..this is why I asked if this is the norm here..so I could decide if this place was for me..I can handle people's opinions and understand that everyone is entitled to theirs.. it is the rudeness, sarcasm, negativity, and bashing that I do not have patience for so this is obviously not the place for me.. I too am super passionate about drum corps but I would never make my self look like a ### by being rude, negative, bashing, or mocking any corps, any drum corps members or staff as I have the upmost respect for ALL who participate.. For the record- I do not think you are a jerk and no offense taken!!☺️ Thanks again for the input..enjoy the rest of the season!!

• Like 1