Carolina Crown 2016

I almost put that one. Lolololol.

Stephen King plus drum corps........hmm.

Sounds like a winner to me!

Presenting their 2016 program "Pet Semetary", Drum Corps International is proud to present...

Kingdom Hospital could definitely be a Blue Stars show...

• Like 1

Sounds like a winner to me!

Presenting their 2016 program "Pet Semetary", Drum Corps International is proud to present...

Kingdom Hospital could definitely be a Blue Stars show...

I could see them doing that.

Or Academy taking on IT. We all float down here!

:D

I could see them doing that.

Or Academy taking on IT. We all float down here!

:D

Yes! This needs to happen! Could be INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

Interesting that my issues with Crowns new ending are absolutely nothing tied to thematic elements. Hmm.

Though they are diminishing. The only thing that is really bugging me now is how quick the Medea reprise happens with no ritard into it.

I assume that's for time. Honestly the Hallelujah reprise more than makes up for it.

By the way, what's the music they play in between Equilibrium and the Medea surprise? I can't quite place it.

How about they not kill him, they just hit high gear in Helen and they drag him behind her? That way nobody kills nobody! Helen does! No gun violence, and he still is served vengence! Win/win right? RIGHT?! Lmao.

Hmmm ... Aren't they alluding to Hamlet? That sounds more like Homer's The Illiad.

I was asking for YOUR explanation, so as to better understand what you are saying about a show having to have a story and what not.

To be fair, he/she did share his/her recent iteration of the Bloo show meaning in the Bloo thread. Turns out, now that it is about to seriously contend for the gold, he/she likes it.

• Like 1

Part of this discussion should include how you percieve drum corps. Is it an art form meant to stimulate thought/emotions on a subject or more entertainment? Bluecoats are entertaining to watch but crowns while also entertaining goes a bit further. I think your view on this changes your perspective on how you view the ending. There is no right or wrong answer. FYI. I like both shows the same and have been back and forth about which I like better all season.

I'll admit, prior to 2015 I didn't care for show themes and titles. I wanted to hear kicka$$ music and see awesome, high level marching and drill. Crown's show last year and virtually everyone this year has converted me. If you don't have a strong theme, that's okay by me, but when you tell a story like Crown or Academy, I'm all in!

• Like 1