DCI Suggestion Box

But the booing at finals.

Not within eaeshot of Sec 142

Beware....some WANTED there to be booing.

I also just saw a Facebook group made to relive the "gold era" of drum corps which to me says this stuff sucks and drum corps is dying. Older alumni may never embrace the change to entertainment.

These people matter very very little to the kids on the field in 2015, who see 2008 Phantom Regiment as ancient history. The people of the 60s were dinosaurs to the kids who marched in the 70s. The kids who marched in the 80s thought the 70s were ancient history. Those of us who marched in the 90s watched the shows from the 80s and we were GLAD we didn't do that old-school stuff, and the kids of the 00s thought my 90s shows were horribly outdated. Now the kids of the '10s look back and see the 00s as ancient.

They KNOW the history, they're just glad they are where they are now.

It's just the truth. Those "BRING BACK OLD-SCHOOL DRUM CORPS" Facebook groups have about the same entertainment and intelligence factor as reading a month-old issue of the National Enquirer.

Also: If the NFL or NBA or MLB existed in the same state it did 50 years ago, no one would watch any of it.

Edited by Lead

I was at field level. There was a LOT of "AAAAHHHHHHHHH"s, and then a huge round of applause for Carolina Crown. There may have been some boos, but I consider those the ignorant ones... like the Philadelphia Eagles fans who once pelted Santa Claus with beer bottles and iceballs at a game.

• Like 3

HOMER ALERT:

You just want Madison to win.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.

If this is a joke, i laughed.

If youre being serious, then i am sorry to disappoint you. I wasn't a fan of Madison's production this year.

Listening to the announcement i heard booing. Of course maybe the people bood directly at the microphones and those were the only booers.

• Like 1

A true GE caption not based on corps historical merit or overall standing in a current season.

Suggestion for DCI. Make the audio engineer have to be a marching member. If they are part of the ensemble and scoring, shouldn't they be an actual paying member?

if you're going to say... "but those kids aren't qualified to handle that" that's a lie. There's thousands of audio engineering programs and music technology degree programs across the nation where undergrads are more than capable of handling this scope of work. Trust me, I graduated from one. There's tons of students who would jump at the chance to do this for a summer instead of fetching coffee for a higher up in the music studio, or schlepping gear and pulling cable with little notoriety in return at summer stock theatre.

• Like 4

I was at field level. There was a LOT of "AAAAHHHHHHHHH"s, and then a huge round of applause for Carolina Crown. There may have been some boos, but I consider those the ignorant ones... like the Philadelphia Eagles fans who once pelted Santa Claus with beer bottles and iceballs at a game.

And your point is???? (KIDDING...Cowboy fan here, through and through). :colgate:

Listening to the announcement i heard booing. Of course maybe the people bood directly at the microphones and those were the only booers.

Oh well...there are going to be ######## in every population group.

And your point is???? (KIDDING...Cowboy fan here, through and through). :colgate:

A Cowboy fan? Man, I really liked you too (Redkins fan here :tounge2: )

• Like 1