Inconsistent guard judging

All of those captions are mixed between the entire corps. Just like Percussion has 2 judges based just on percussion if you add GE Music and Music Analysis Percussion is apart of that as well. So all in all every section is being judged in more than one caption so why not have 2 guard judges or even 2 Brass judges like percussion.

That would be a s*** ton of judges but hey it would probably lead to different Champions each yr.

IMO guard design/execution bleeds over into the other captions much more than brass or drums do. For the non-guard visual judges, it's much easier to see the faults of a 5th or 6th place guard (and have it detrimentally affect visual analysis and visual GE) than it is for the non-percussion music judges to hear the faults of a 5th or 6th place drumline (and have it detrimentally affect music analysis and music GE). IMO.

IMO guard design/execution bleeds over into the other captions much more than brass or drums do. For the non-guard visual judges, it's much easier to see the faults of a 5th or 6th place guard (and have it detrimentally affect visual analysis and visual GE) than it is for the non-percussion music judges to hear the faults of a 5th or 6th place drumline (and have it detrimentally affect music analysis and music GE). IMO.

Im not arguing with you or anyone else. All I simply stated was every section is really judged in more than one caption no matter how much it effects that caption. Of course your going to see the guard visually and tell if one person or a few people are off than hear one person off in the corps because your watching and making sure your seeing what you hearing visually. Watching the effect visually and determining if its not quite right or is right, is different than determining if equipment or body or combination of both are done technically across the field as there are different styles of both from guard to guard and determining if the effect is great or not on top of that. I'm not bashing anyone or saying the system is wrong and if you read my other statements. I also said it would nice and cool to have 2 judges and then tacked on in the statement you quoted to even have 2 brass judges then every section would be judged by 2 judges just specific to that section.

I don’t think we should even judge the guards, they are just there to look pretty and if you’re a guy in BD with defined abs, they even give you a special uniform to show them off

Thank you, Mr. Trump.

• Like 7

I dont think we should even judge the guards, they are just there to look pretty and if youre a guy in BD with defined abs, they even give you a special uniform to show them off

... That was a joke right?

Edited by Cappybara

What I find most disturbing and absolutely wrong is the fact that finals night was the first time all season long that Marie Czapinski judged Crossmen...in any caption. And would have been the same for Colts or Troopers had either of them made the last spot that night. That is what troubles me most. First reads should not be happening at all during finals week. Ever. In any caption.

I hadn't noticed percussion judge Caleb Rothe's name in other 2015 recaps although his resume is quite impressive.

I hadn't noticed percussion judge Caleb Rothe's name in other 2015 recaps although his resume is quite impressive.

He judged 8 competitions this year... Edited by Cappybara

Thought this deserved a topic of its own.

There seems to be some major inconsistencies in the application of the judging system for colorguard. How did Madison and Phantom go from 12 and 13th to 6th and 8th in finals (and the Phantomettes did not have a good finals run). How did Crossmen and Boston drop in placement so much. Why were Blue Stars beating everyone (well Cavies, Madison, phantom, BK) mid season (when they were still v dirty) to drop way down by finals? I am not saying what is right or wrong. Just lack of consistency that isn't based on performance (eg Phantom's poor guard run in finals propelling them from 13th to 6th!)

The most underscored guard over the past several years BAC.