Judging Tapes for Entertainment and Enlightenment

I wonder if anyone on the DCP forum has any influence in shaking loose some judges tapes from Indy. I, for one, would really enjoy hearing percussion and brass and GE judges for any of the top four corps this year. I know that historically, some of the percussion tapes have landed on youtube....any insights on this from the DCP hive mind?

• Like 2

I wonder if anyone on the DCP forum has any influence in shaking loose some judges tapes from Indy. I, for one, would really enjoy hearing percussion and brass and GE judges for any of the top four corps this year. I know that historically, some of the percussion tapes have landed on youtube....any insights on this from the DCP hive mind?

Some do show up. I always have some BUT not going to be the one.....lol

• Like 1

Here's Bloo's percussion tape from finals. Don't ask me how I got it, but Bluecoats are okay with it being shared.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/competitionsuite/commentary/dci/2614/5545fb8d-b647-4921-bbc4-8ee026beca69.mp3

Maybe this is a noob question, but why are the judging tapes not released to the public? It seems like this would only help to promote transparency.

well some might argue, it's none of anyone's business what these tapes may or may not say during the season, especially a competitor. It is a competition.

well some might argue, it's none of anyone's business what these tapes may or may not say during the season, especially a competitor. It is a competition.

Good point, and I get the competitor angle during the season, but how about for finals only?

I also get what you're saying oldbandguy ... the tapes would be more analyzed by this site's members than the Zapruder film. But despite all the extra #####ing, wouldn't it be good in the long run for the judges to know that their final judgements will be analyzed?

Good point, and I get the competitor angle during the season, but how about for finals only?

I also get what you're saying oldbandguy ... the tapes would be more analyzed by this site's members than the Zapruder film. But despite all the extra ########, wouldn't it be good in the long run for the judges to know that their final judgements will be analyzed?

Personally I dont think judges would care .I think their only concern is those they judge ( even then thats questionable with a few..lol

As I said it is a competition and noone wants their weakness broadcast . And everyone has them. we show strengths and hide weakness or work on them until its better, why broadcast.

Edited by GUARDLING