Phantom Regiment 2016

Says the guy who posts nonsensical psychobabble 99.9% of the time...

If I remember correctly from past threads, he has a PHD as well. I saw his post and laughed. I had never heard it put that way before.

Edited by Fish
  • Like 1

I do not know who this small person who goes by the pen name phd-TTU is (only that he might now be a attempting to get a PHD at Texas Tech U or maybe Tennessee Tech U or maybe Tijuana Tech U

and his doctoral dissertation might involve HOW TO MAINTAIN A HATEFUL DIALOGUE ABOUT MANAGEMENT OVER SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED TO ME A LONG TIME AGO and he/she is using comments made here on DCP as a research tool.

It is clear that this harangue by phd is personal and involves some slight incurred by phd years ago. I have some recollection that at some point in a prior DCP/Phantom Regiment forum, an assertion was made that the root of this person's ire was that he was fired from his staff position with the Regiment while on tour and directed to leave immediately. I don't know if he was abandoned in the desert without food or water but he has certainly adopted the mantle of "poor me" ever since.

It would be nice if phd could control his anger and move on but he clearly lacks the maturity to do so.

DCP is largely a free speech zone so if phd wants to continue to act like a baby who has received his first scolding from mama, he has the freedom here to do so for the rest of his miserable life.

:augen51:

I think their music this year is great. I also have a lot of confidence in Dwight and Tony Hall. Remember Tony Hall? How many years prior has it been assumed that Phantom was going to call in Tony Hall to fix things?. Some years that is exactly what they did. Now he is officially back on the staff.

As I recall, he played a big role in cranking up the Spartacus show late in the season.

I'll reserve my judgement until I see the next show. Having said that I've been very accurate in my predictions after a 1st viewing. The starting score for the season is well below were it should be to start. Pitts gets a break being his first year. Again my faith doesn't side with upper management...especially with the corps regression in their rankings.

We will always have disagreements in show design and performance / execution. I believe the kids can perform the hell out of anything given to them...The question then falls back to management on attention to detail and/or design issues.

No one to blame there except Management.

We all love our Corp, being dissatisfied doesn't change that. We want to compete at the highest level not for the middle.

Thanks for being able to say it better than I have.

Finally saw a video of Phantom's show.

Some of the music has been changed since the Concert in the Park. Voices have replaced some of the brass in the first ballad. Voicing has also been added to the percussion solo. They also have a Rockford File guard feature in the percussion solo.

One thing I'm not sure about. In YGP as each soloist plays there is an accompanying flag on a pedestal at the back of the field.

Then as the corps continues through YGP the guard pedestals in the back are moved to the left side of the field. At the end of YPG 4 guard members get on the pedestals and "strike a pose" as a horn player pulls from the last wedge to "pose." Does anyone know what this is supposed to represent?

Edited by Fish

Ok, so you are saying you consider 5th place a down year.

That would mean the following years would also be considered as down years.

Phantom has had 18 down years since '81. (edited because I originally counted 4th as a down year).

The inability for you to read the entire post is apparent. I'll try one more time...Coming in 2nd in consecutive years and then falling to fifth made it an off year. Subsequent years showed the rise of other corps and the fall of Phantom to a consistent 5th place spot. At some point the off year became the norm. Now we could be working on a new norm.

The inability for you to read the entire post is apparent. I'll try one more time...Coming in 2nd in consecutive years and then falling to fifth made it an off year. Subsequent years showed the rise of other corps and the fall of Phantom to a consistent 5th place spot. At some point the off year became the norm. Now we could be working on a new norm.

Thank you.

Agreed. An off year is substantially different for each core. For instance the Blue Devils would probably think anything lower than 2nd place as an off year. Crown would think anything lower than 3rd place is an off year. It just keeps going.

*Just vague examples

Agreed. An off year is substantially different for each core. For instance the Blue Devils would probably think anything lower than 2nd place as an off year. Crown would think anything lower than 3rd place is an off year. It just keeps going.

*Just vague examples

Corps not core. Thanks