Phantom Regiment 2016

Check out Gabe 211' s link up above. Tasty!

Loving the wedges they have in there! I can already imagine what they're gonna do with those sections in August

• Like 1

Loving the wedges they have in there! I can already imagine what they're gonna do with those sections in August

"Know the Wedge, Feel the Wedge, Be the Wedge......Get Wedged!!!!!" I believe that's what was on the corps members T-Shirts in 1989.

• Like 1

I think people's complaints are that they are not modern enough, mostly arising from the fact that the WGIcoats are putting out stuff that's really pushing the boundaries. I do think Regiment does need to modernize some, but I'm content with them adding diversity to DCI

I would say they have 'modernized' some with the props they've used in the past, the electronics, etc. However, I hope that they continue to MARCH incredibly well and play beautifully on their BUGLES. Otherwise, we will eventually just be watching Broadway shows/dance competitions/gymnastics meets. I respect the fact that they have stayed true to their roots while continuing to remain in the top 12! Carry on, PR!

• Like 1

Keeping in mind that there wasn't a full visual panel tonight, visual ended up being Phantom's strongest caption at Massillon. They were 0.5 points behind the Bluecoats

Keeping in mind that there wasn't a full visual panel tonight, visual ended up being Phantom's strongest caption at Massillon. They were 0.5 points behind the Bluecoats

That's great to hear!

Bravissimo! thank you thank you thank you. I think this piece will develop into a classic! With all due respect to Santa Clara....

I could not LOVE this part of the show more! Thank you thank you thank you, indeed.

Regardless on my thoughts of the rest of the show, that first impact will not get out of my head.

I started having flashbacks to 1996.

And I mean that in a good way. Still have my doubts on the show pacing and visual package (not performance), but now I'm really wanting to watch it again. The way they did that opening was not forced, it was really subtle, but it worked on me. If they can make me feel like that the rest of the show, bring it on. I would love to eat my pretty scathing review I wrote on Thursday.

I am perplexed.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

I've said it before but you should see the PMs this kid sends me. There's no way he's ever going to say anything positive about PR until they return to their mid 2000's staff. He absolutely despises everyone at PR.

I do not know who this small person who goes by the pen name phd-TTU is (only that he might now be a attempting to get a PHD at Texas Tech U or maybe Tennessee Tech U or maybe Tijuana Tech U

and his doctoral dissertation might involve HOW TO MAINTAIN A HATEFUL DIALOGUE ABOUT MANAGEMENT OVER SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED TO ME A LONG TIME AGO and he/she is using comments made here on DCP as a research tool.

It is clear that this harangue by phd is personal and involves some slight incurred by phd years ago. I have some recollection that at some point in a prior DCP/Phantom Regiment forum, an assertion was made that the root of this person's ire was that he was fired from his staff position with the Regiment while on tour and directed to leave immediately. I don't know if he was abandoned in the desert without food or water but he has certainly adopted the mantle of "poor me" ever since.

It would be nice if phd could control his anger and move on but he clearly lacks the maturity to do so.

DCP is largely a free speech zone so if phd wants to continue to act like a baby who has received his first scolding from mama, he has the freedom here to do so for the rest of his miserable life.

Edited by 1956OPR