MADISON SCOUTS 2016

I saw the final run thru before heading out west tomorrow on the alumni live feed and all I can say is "#### their good!!!" With an outstanding product to work with this year as well!!! My hat goes off to Chris, Dan and that awesome staff that they have assembled!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘‹πŸΌπŸ‘‹πŸΌπŸ‘‹πŸΌπŸ‘πŸ‘‹πŸΌπŸ‘‹πŸΌπŸ‘‹πŸΌπŸ‘‹πŸΌπŸ‘‹πŸΌ

Edited by Madcityscout
  • Like 1

I know there is always a lot of hype for Scouts each year, but this year's show feels different. This production has that IT factor. It will blow crowds away visually and musically and will appease judges in difficulty and theme. They have ab amazing product to work with this year and the level they're already at with it is amazing.

• Like 2

I agree! I was supportive and hopeful in previous past years. But, this year has something special about the feeling coming out of the gate this time.

After watching the final Trafalgar run through, I do have one concern about the show. I know it's early and there's plenty of time to fix/change/correct....but toward the end, from about just before the company front push to the end....it feels a little scattered and disjointed. It doesn't seem to flow all that well. The best description I could think of is someone telling you a very cool story, they're just about to bring the story full circle, but they keep stretching it along and periodically talk about something else before finally getting to the point. Does that make sense? Am I the only one that thinks the ending could use some smoothing out?

After watching the final Trafalgar run through, I do have one concern about the show. I know it's early and there's plenty of time to fix/change/correct....but toward the end, from about just before the company front push to the end....it feels a little scattered and disjointed. It doesn't seem to flow all that well. The best description I could think of is someone telling you a very cool story, they're just about to bring the story full circle, but they keep stretching it along and periodically talk about something else before finally getting to the point. Does that make sense? Am I the only one that thinks the ending could use some smoothing out?

Perhaps this is so (haven't had the pleasure of viewing any video yet). But from prior experience isn't the ending the thing that changes the most during the season, and sometimes right up to finals, in reaction to fan and judge feedback? I think that goes for both drill and music but I might me wrong on that. Hopefully, if there is something to change, they're able to do so on the fly. Hard to believe they'd put work into a great show only to have it go "thud" at the end (and then not want to fix that).

Cannot wait to see the show!

• Like 1

I'm sure there will be many changes and tweeks as the season goes along. The ending, as is, certainly doesn't go "thud". It's an ending that will bring the crowds to their feet. It just takes a big to get there.

• Like 1

Knowing Boerma, musically this is probably just a first draft. The 1999 version of JCS had us doing the whole Cross/Star segment visually and musically as the intro to the closer and then a VERY different ending.

I feel the same way about the closer, but I'm confident that this will change. I also believe there will be considerable more percussion added.

Now that drum solo...#### are they playing some fun stuff!

But is Cesario excited enough to bathe in chocolate?

I think he will.