Top 5 Favorite Ballads of 2015

EDIT: Didn't select five...and what I wrote was nothing but pure drivel.

Edited by HornTeacher

1. Blue Devils

2. Blue Knights

3. Bluecoats

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Cadets

You have no idea how much it pains and shocks me not to have a Phantom Regiment ballad not in my top 5

• Like 1

Bluecoats

SCV

Crossmen

Crown

Troopers

In no particular order:

Troopers

Colts

Phantom Regiment

Blue Knoghts

Bluecoats

1. Carolina Crown - The flugel soloist, the red fabric, and the amazing hornline make this ballad one that will be remembered for many years to come.

2. Blue Devils - Not as good as "La Strada," but a gorgeous and melodic arrangement nevertheless. And the little girl made the end of the piece much more powerful than without her.

3. Bluecoats - A genius depiction, both musically and visually, of "slow motion."

4. Cascades - Never knew that Soundgarden and Holst would mash up that well!

5. The Academy - Just a gorgeous arrangement of "Feed the Birds." The A Major chord at the climax gives me chills. And I love the ending with Mary on the chimney.

Honorable mentions (it was a great year for ballads):

- Cadets - Disliked the counting, but the visual book was just stunning.

- Madison Scouts - Beyond the creepy cutouts, the trombone solo and brass sonority was beautiful.

- Blue Stars - Great combination of "I Will Never Leave You" and "Send In The Clowns!"

- Crossmen - Brass feature at the climax. That is all. For the record, though, the things that looked like white pants were a bit creepy.

- Boston Crusaders/Colts - Tied due to their use of singing. Liked it, but didn't love it.

- Legends - Gonna show some Open Class love here. Their arrangement of "The Mountain" gave me chills.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown