The Cavaliers 2016

Second pretour video this season. So maybe we are looking at about one a week?

There was a smidgen of what sounded like show music on there as well.

I'm looking forward to more videos!

More impressions from last weekend:

The color guard is very good this year. Aside from mastery of the implements they seem to be incorporating gymnastics moves into the mix. I saw cartwheels and slick moves you see on the pommel horse. There are the obligatory dance choreography but with a masculine identity.

The set that I observed displayed speed strength and agility.

• Like 1

The color guard is very good this year. Aside from mastery of the implements they seem to be incorporating gymnastics moves into the mix. I saw cartwheels and slick moves you see on the pommel horse. There are the obligatory dance choreography but with a masculine identity.

Well hopefully the result we get in performance this year doesn't resemble that of cheese from last year.

• Like 1

Because 2014 was the right formula of masculine movement and dancing that really worked for the corps. While 2015 seemed like small men trying to act big, metaphorically.

Thanks again!

Feel like the guard was way underutilized last year. I almost always enjoy watching the Cavaliers guard, 2014 was really great, hoping for the best!

I hear what you're saying about recent years. I've been to almost every camp for the past ten years and the closest comparison is the 2006 Machine show. There's a certain cohesiveness. It's clear that the winter design sessions were productive. There's so much happening in the first 30 sets that I saw.

Let me give you an example of the detail. There's a baritone/euphonium statement after which they twirl their horns end-over-end. They tilt their heads back as they do so because in uniform, their hats will be in the way. It's quick and matter-of-fact but it's just so cool. It harkens back to the 007 show where they dust off their shoulders. Moments like that are back to back to back.

• Like 2

The corps had a fantastic evening with the Ensuring Our Future event. A bunch of money was raised for the corps and indoor percussion.

• Like 1